Compact Flash Adaptor

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
April 10, 2004 7:27:42 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I´m looking an CF adaptor like 2 in 1 so I can connect to my pocket pc
a CF modem and a CF gps simultaneously or a CF memory and a CF gsm phone
chip simultaneously.
Does it exist? I have an HP Jornada and it just have one CF slot and I need
something
to double it´s use function.

Write to: (Delete an @ when answering: spam protection)
danur@@ig.com.br

---

More about : compact flash adaptor

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 10, 2004 7:30:54 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

No, it doesn't exist.

"duram" <danur@@ig.com.br> wrote in message
> I´m looking an CF adaptor like 2 in 1 so I can connect to my pocket pc
> a CF modem and a CF gps simultaneously or a CF memory and a CF gsm phone
> chip simultaneously.
> Does it exist? I have an HP Jornada and it just have one CF slot and I
need
> something
> to double it´s use function.
>

> Write to: (Delete an @ when answering: spam protection)
> danur@@ig.com.br
>

> ---

a b α HP
April 10, 2004 10:10:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Your best bet with the example you posted (GPS) is to use a serial GPS
connected to the Jornada's serial port and the CF slot for memory.

http://BevHoward.com/serial.htm#Jornada

Hope this helps,
Beverly Howard
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 11, 2004 12:17:45 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Your best bet may be one of the CF adapters which connects through a USB port.
Check the specs carefully though. Some CF adapters work only with CF memory,
not with other CF devices... Ben Myers