I no longer have the option to empty temporary internet files on browser
shutdown in the Internet Options under the Advanced Tab. All the other
options are still there and the option to empty temporary internet files on
browser shutdown used to be there untill recently . I don't know when
or why I have lost it and would appreciate any help to restore it.

Tried running sfc /scannow , Ad Aware Pro with latest updates , AVG with
latest updates with no luck . Then tried to reinstall IE , disabled the
registry key that shows IE to be installed , downloaded the latest IE6
update from Microsoft , started the reinstall and gets a minute or two into
the installation and aborts with the message that the software I'm trying
to install hasn't passed the Microsoft Logo Test . This is software that I
just downloaded from Microsoft . The disabling of the registry key was per
Microsoft instuctions in the Knowledge base . IE6 works flawlessly (as
does XP and the rest of the entire computer ) with the exception of the
lost option to delete temp files.

Would really appreaciate some help to either restore the lost option or to
reinstall IE.

Thanx

Chas

This may help.
Go here:

Read the instructions at the top.
Scroll down to 109. Right hand side.
Click on: Empty Temporary Internet Files on Exit

If that doesn't help, try here:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/

Scroll down to:
INTERNET EXPLORER - TIPS
Remove IE Restrictions & Restore Missing tabs

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:3%5xc.54823$mQ4.24480@fe2.texas.rr.com,
Charles Swenson <nospam@nospam.com> hunted and pecked:
> I no longer have the option to empty temporary internet files on
> browser shutdown in the Internet Options under the Advanced Tab.
> All the other options are still there and the option to empty
> temporary internet files on browser shutdown used to be there untill
> recently . I don't know when or why I have lost it and would
> appreciate any help to restore it.
>
> Tried running sfc /scannow , Ad Aware Pro with latest updates , AVG
> with latest updates with no luck . Then tried to reinstall IE ,
> disabled the registry key that shows IE to be installed , downloaded
> the latest IE6 update from Microsoft , started the reinstall and gets
> a minute or two into the installation and aborts with the message
> that the software I'm trying to install hasn't passed the Microsoft
> Logo Test . This is software that I just downloaded from Microsoft .
> The disabling of the registry key was per Microsoft instuctions in
> the Knowledge base . IE6 works flawlessly (as does XP and the rest
> of the entire computer ) with the exception of the lost option to
> delete temp files.
>
> Would really appreaciate some help to either restore the lost option
> or to reinstall IE.
>

> Thanx
>
> Chas

Wesley,

Thank you many times over. The registry tweak from Kelly's Korner did the
trick .

Chas

> This may help.
> Go here:
>
> Read the instructions at the top.
> Scroll down to 109. Right hand side.
> Click on: Empty Temporary Internet Files on Exit
>
> If that doesn't help, try here:
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/
>
> Scroll down to:
> INTERNET EXPLORER - TIPS
> Remove IE Restrictions & Restore Missing tabs
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:3%5xc.54823$mQ4.24480@fe2.texas.rr.com,
> Charles Swenson <nospam@nospam.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I no longer have the option to empty temporary internet files on
> > browser shutdown in the Internet Options under the Advanced Tab.
> > All the other options are still there and the option to empty
> > temporary internet files on browser shutdown used to be there untill
> > recently . I don't know when or why I have lost it and would
> > appreciate any help to restore it.
> >
> > Tried running sfc /scannow , Ad Aware Pro with latest updates , AVG
> > with latest updates with no luck . Then tried to reinstall IE ,
> > disabled the registry key that shows IE to be installed , downloaded
> > the latest IE6 update from Microsoft , started the reinstall and gets
> > a minute or two into the installation and aborts with the message
> > that the software I'm trying to install hasn't passed the Microsoft
> > Logo Test . This is software that I just downloaded from Microsoft .
> > The disabling of the registry key was per Microsoft instuctions in
> > the Knowledge base . IE6 works flawlessly (as does XP and the rest
> > of the entire computer ) with the exception of the lost option to
> > delete temp files.
> >
> > Would really appreaciate some help to either restore the lost option
> > or to reinstall IE.
> >

> > Thanx
> >
> > Chas

Chas