HELP! - ASUS MB & Soundblaster

beamer

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
I just upgraded my box from a Pentium Pro 200 Mhz to a Pentium 3 800 Mhz. The MB is an ASUS PC3-LS, and the sound card is a Creative Labs SB Live! 5.1 (part # SB-0060). The problem is the sound card wants to take the same IRQ as the built-in SCSI controller on the MB. This causes a conflict on the controller, and I loose my cdrom drives in Win98 SE.

I have tried enabling PnP OS in the BIOS, and I have disabled both serial ports in an attempt to free up some IRQs. I have tried forcing the PCI slot that the sound card is plugged into to a specific IRQ, but then both devices show on that IRQ and I have my conflict again. Now both the SCSI controller and the sound card want to use IRQ3. If I remove the sound card from device mangler, and reboot everyone is happy until the next reboot. This is driving me crazy. Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

try placing the scsi card in a different slot. All newer motherboards share IRQs on the pci slots.

Check your motherboard manual to see which slots share with each other. Then place the card in a slot that dosent share with your other devices.

I aint signing nothing!!!