Deathwing

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Please help me..

I just got oblivion and I have a problem.After the intro movie, after I said start new game, it just kicks me out without any error reports..I tried installing it again and it still doesn`t work..any help would be appreciated..

By the way: My Computer:

Ram : 1 Gig
CPU: Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz
Graphics: Geforce fx 5200 128 MB
DVD Rom x16

P.S. Could it be my Graphics card??PLEASE...ANY HELP..

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Found this on another forum. Seems oblivion does not work very well with that card.

Open the oblivion.ini file with notepad. You can find the file in documents/my files/my games/oblivion (or make a desktop search for it). When you have the file open in notepad look for this entry:

bForce1XShaders=0

Change the 0 to 1, and save the file.

Next time you fire up Oblivion you should have Shaders 1.0 active. You won't see any effect in the startup menu, only in the actual game once started anew or loaded.

In case it didn't work just open oblivion.ini again and change the 1 of the same entry back to 0.

Let us know if that does not work.

Good luck
-Nick

Deathwing

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Hey..Thanx Very much..It actually works now...BUT...there still is something wierd going on..Gam works perfectly,no lags,nothing...only..Whenever I try to open my inventory it just goes out again..Maybe you know whats going on..Sorry 4 taking so long to reply..Had internet probs..Thanx though for helping making it work..

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I've looked around a bit but cannot find any confirmed fix for this. I've found a few people who have posted that they have had this problem in the past, but no fix for it.

Have you tried the newest patch for Oblivion? If not that might be worth a shot.

Also if you do have the newest patch (which you can get here if you have not already) then you might want to try a mod that changes the inventory screen. The interface was kind of klunky anyway and some people have created mods to correct that, there is a chance they may help with your issue as well.

There is a link to a good one here.

Good luck and again, if this still doesn't work, let me know, I'll see if I can dig up anything else.