Microsoft Injects Outlook With Social Network Mojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Geez, Facebook by itself is more than enough. Now we have Buzz and Outlook doing social networking too? I really just don't care that much about other people, I'm sorry.

yzfr1guy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
+1 burnley14!

Do employees really need another way to feed their social networking habits? I come with a business use perspective with this because I'm sure 90% off the Outlook users are in this category. Does Microshaft really think companies need or want this feature? Not only could this lead to more wasted time but also internet bandwidth and spyware issues are bound to pop up.. Just my $.02

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Have to agree. We're looking at more and more content filtering because the hits on those sites each day are astounding. I am always amazed when how often I see facebook up when I walk past people's desks.

Outlook doesn't need to be clouded with less-business necessary element in my opinion.

jghidotti

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Anyone tried Xobni? Does the same thing and is available as a free version. I and others at my firm have found it very useful for obtaining additional information about the sender of an email, especially if they are on LinkedIn. Free version also threads messages, lists all attachments received from a sender, etc.

Paid version does a lot more. Some here have sprung for it.

jghidotti

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Anyone tried Xobni? Does the same thing and is available as a free version. I and others at my firm have found it very useful for obtaining additional information about the sender of an email, especially if they are on LinkedIn. Free version also threads messages, lists all attachments received from a sender, etc.

Paid version does a lot more. Some here have sprung for it.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
Enough of this NOSINESS attitude they are trying to force feed people... They should focus on upgrading their own desktops from XP to 7...

pelomixa

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
Typica Microsoft, instead of fixing the many bugs that currently exist they introduce competitive, wasteful crapola.

Morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.