notanamdfanboy

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
I was thinking... why doesn't NVIDIA sell the nForce 2 as a laptop chipset with decent integrated graphics.
It would probably beat the ATI integrated chipset, and it would certainly destroy the VIA KN133 chipset.
Also, in my understanding, aren't laptops are growing market segment... is there not money to be made there?

tannji

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2002
actually, i think nvidia is only prudent.... it is taking longer for general acceptance of their chipset than they probably anticipated... and the laptop market is a dicier market than general desktop.... additionally, they already provide the gforce to go graphics solution to existing laptop chipsets.... and it is the best performing in the market... i doubt they will mess with that combination until the nforce chipset is a lot more dominant in market share, if ever.

tannji
(not a basher, i own nforce myself...)

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Well I don't know if they're thinking that far. They are engineers, not PR representatives. No one has figured out still, why they did not release a Pentium 4 version first since Pentium 4's make up the vast majority of the market share.

This little cathode light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!