Guest User Account

June 9, 2004 8:06:01 PM

My friend made a password for the "Guest" user account and forgot it. I am the administrator for this home PC and have no way of knowing what his password is. So for the moment, no one is able to use this "Guest" user feature. Help!!!

More about : guest user account

June 10, 2004 1:21:37 PM

"mikeandlucy" <lucys_ticks@msn.com> wrote in message
> My friend made a password for the "Guest" user account and forgot it. I
am the administrator for this home PC and have no way of knowing what his
password is. So for the moment, no one is able to use this "Guest" user
feature. Help!!!

Log in as Administrator, go to Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Computer
Management-Local Users and Groups-Users. Right-Click on Guest and choose
"Set Password"

Tip - the Guest Account is SO limited (and a security risk) as to be
unusable.
Don't use it. Disable it. Create a Limited User account for friends/guests
and call it Visitor or something similar and use that instead.
!