Guest User Account

My friend made a password for the "Guest" user account and forgot it. I am the administrator for this home PC and have no way of knowing what his password is. So for the moment, no one is able to use this "Guest" user feature. Help!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about guest user account

    "mikeandlucy" <lucys_ticks@msn.com> wrote in message
    > My friend made a password for the "Guest" user account and forgot it. I
    am the administrator for this home PC and have no way of knowing what his
    password is. So for the moment, no one is able to use this "Guest" user
    feature. Help!!!

    Log in as Administrator, go to Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Computer
    Management-Local Users and Groups-Users. Right-Click on Guest and choose
    "Set Password"

    Tip - the Guest Account is SO limited (and a security risk) as to be
    unusable.
    Don't use it. Disable it. Create a Limited User account for friends/guests
    and call it Visitor or something similar and use that instead.

Microsoft Windows XP