Works Word Processor

Why will the above program not open a document around
500kB in size. The screen shows not enough memory yet I am
running a week old computer with 120GB and 512mB RAM. No
other programs are running simultaneously.Smaller
documents open and run OK. The affected document opens OK
using Word Pad.

Please visit the Works experts in the Works newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Terry Carr" <acceda@lineone.net> wrote in message:

| Why will the above program not open a document around
| 500kB in size. The screen shows not enough memory yet I am
| running a week old computer with 120GB and 512mB RAM. No
| other programs are running simultaneously.Smaller
| documents open and run OK. The affected document opens OK
| using Word Pad.

What error are you getting when you attempt to open the document.

What version of Word are you having on your computer.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"Terry Carr" wrote:

> Why will the above program not open a document around
> 500kB in size. The screen shows not enough memory yet I am
> running a week old computer with 120GB and 512mB RAM. No
> other programs are running simultaneously.Smaller
> documents open and run OK. The affected document opens OK
> using Word Pad.

Terry,
I was having the same problem. I had to opened my document up in word pad,
when I chose to save it, the file was converted to rtf., then it would open
up in the word processor. Beats me, but it worked.
Hope this helps,
Marsha