Remember password does not work

June 11, 2004 12:17:57 AM

When I go into web sites that require NTFS login
authentication - I enter username/password and click
on 'Remember my password' but nexct time when I come to
the same site it never remembers it and always ask for it.
How can I change this to remember it? I have XP Pro SP1.

Thanks
Helen

More about : remember password work

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 3:22:34 AM

This fix applies to Outlook and other programs that store passwords
in the Protected Storage System Provider sub-branch of the Registry.
It also corrects some issues with Internet Explorer and Autocomplete.
Visit: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm

[Repair Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP