Remember password does not work

When I go into web sites that require NTFS login
authentication - I enter username/password and click
on 'Remember my password' but nexct time when I come to
the same site it never remembers it and always ask for it.
How can I change this to remember it? I have XP Pro SP1.

Thanks
Helen
1 answer Last reply
More about remember password work

    This fix applies to Outlook and other programs that store passwords
    in the Protected Storage System Provider sub-branch of the Registry.
    It also corrects some issues with Internet Explorer and Autocomplete.
    Visit: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm

    [Repair Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Helen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    | When I go into web sites that require NTFS login
    | authentication - I enter username/password and click
    | on 'Remember my password' but nexct time when I come to
    | the same site it never remembers it and always ask for it.
    | How can I change this to remember it? I have XP Pro SP1.
    |
    | Thanks
    | Helen

Authentication Microsoft Windows XP