Paul

Splendid

I'm confused about what can be set up differently for each user and what is
common to all. Is there a list or clear definition anywhere?

Specifically, I am trying to set up a home computer so that the display
resolution is different for my wife. Other members of the family want
1280x1024 (native 17" TFT resolution) so as to be able to see a lot on the
screen. However, this makes things too small for my wife to read comfortably
(as her eyesight is not as good). Is this possible? So far, when I log on to
her account and reduce the resolution, it remains at the lower setting when
we switch to another user.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi

Try the following link to setup different User displays from MVP Doug Knox's
web page:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Paul" <none> wrote in message news:OopIPq4TEHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| I'm confused about what can be set up differently for each user and what
is
| common to all. Is there a list or clear definition anywhere?
|
| Specifically, I am trying to set up a home computer so that the display
| resolution is different for my wife. Other members of the family want
| 1280x1024 (native 17" TFT resolution) so as to be able to see a lot on the
| screen. However, this makes things too small for my wife to read
comfortably
| (as her eyesight is not as good). Is this possible? So far, when I log on
| her account and reduce the resolution, it remains at the lower setting
when
| we switch to another user.
|
| Thanks,
| Paul

Paul,

Display settings apply to all users, this is by design. See this MS-KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281565

Workaround: Use a third-party utility to maintain custom settings for each profile. Try Doug Knox's utility:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User