lost coast with a 6300

Lee768

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
my intel core 2 6300 arrived today but was abit dissapointed when i went to download lost coast demo from steam and it says my cpu wasn't up to it, how come?, i thought even the cheapest type of this processor ( which i bought) was meant to put a decent athlon 64 to shame. Does this cpu only shows it's true potential when overclocked because i didn't really want to get into that side of things?

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I'm not sure what kind of game Lost Coast is, but if it snubs one of the top 10 processors on the market.... well that leaves a VERY limited market.

I would be willing to bet that it just checks the clock speed and if it is below a certain level it snubs it. That is an idiotic way of programming the check but they might very well have done it that way.

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast should have absolutely no problem with your processor. This doesn't sound like a Mhz issue to me as Half-Life 2 could run on old hardware just fine. With a drop in quality of course, but still just fine.

Does it boot, or did it tell you that before download? From your description, it sounds like Steam doesn't recognize the C2D, but that shouldn't impact the game at all. If it still lets you download, do it.

(Hey look, my 100th post!)

thegreat1

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2006
my intel core 2 6300 arrived today but was abit dissapointed when i went to download lost coast demo from steam and it says my cpu wasn't up to it, how come?, i thought even the cheapest type of this processor ( which i bought) was meant to put a decent athlon 64 to shame. Does this cpu only shows it's true potential when overclocked because i didn't really want to get into that side of things?

HAlf life 2 gave me this error on the e6400.. game works fine. just ignore it.