  • Quick Launch
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
June 11, 2004 5:23:20 PM

Windows XP home:

I have dragged my quick launch toolbar to the right of the screen and
configured it with quite a lot of program shortcuts with tooltip
descriptions. This makes quite an effective alternative to the office
toolbar that has been removed from later versions of office.

Now another user wants to set this up for her account. Is there a way of
copying this, or does she have to build a similar one manually? I don't seem
to be able to find where such settings are stored.

More about : quick launch toolbar settings

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 10:15:47 PM

Paul,

Unfortunately, this setting alone cannot be transferred to another profile. Have to build manually.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

"Paul" <none> wrote in message news:eRaTq76TEHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
Windows XP home:

I have dragged my quick launch toolbar to the right of the screen and
configured it with quite a lot of program shortcuts with tooltip
descriptions. This makes quite an effective alternative to the office
toolbar that has been removed from later versions of office.

Now another user wants to set this up for her account. Is there a way of
copying this, or does she have to build a similar one manually? I don't seem
to be able to find where such settings are stored.
June 11, 2004 10:15:48 PM

Thanks for this information. At least I won't waste time trying!

[...]

June 11, 2004 10:58:03 PM

You're welcome Paul.