soltek motherboard problem

MasamunE

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2002
hey, i believe i had narrowed down the reason my computer does not work to the motherboard. after plugging everything in to make the new computer, it didnt work, nothing would turn on.
im using a soltek purple ray dv5 mainboard (333). is there any known problems with this motherboard? also, does the mainboard software need to be installed on the harddrive beforehand?
i have also tried using the power supply for the computer im using now, so i dont think its the powersupply. let me know anything. thanks. im new with building computers.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MasamunE on 07/18/02 01:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
OK mate can you give me a bit more info. So let me get this right, when you turn on the computer NOTHING AT ALL happens? or do the fans purr into life?

you've plugged the Power Supply (PSU) into the motherboard?
have you plugged in the case wires to the header on the motherboard? ie the power on/off button, reset switch, hardrive activity LED.

Is the harddrive set up on the primary IDE channel?

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mol_gen" target="_new"><font color=red>My Computer</font color=red></A>