I am trying to migrate to Windows XP from 98 SE. Because I wanted to be
able to dual boot between XP and 98 I did a clean install on another
drive.

I have many programs installed on 98. Is there an easy way to get these
programs installed on XP or do I have to reinstall them all one at a
time?

If I have to install them one at a time, do I have to install them to a
different directory and have two copies of everything until I stop using
98 or can I have just one copy of each program work under both operating
systems? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
I just heard a TV commercial about an automobile that has a rear
entertainment system. I immediately wondered exactly how would an

Hi,

You need to reinstall them under WindowsXP in order to have the proper
registry entries and files placed in the system folders. You can install
them to the same program directory as they are currently in to conserve
space. YOu may also want to see this page regarding installing software in a
true user environment:
http://users.westelcom.com/rogersr/xpsware.htm

--
Best of Luck,