XBOX 360-any guesses when price will drop?

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
I do not know, but my guess is when PS3 and Wii will be freely available, not earlier than that. For PS3 it means probably around March.

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Yea, once the 360 has some competition in availability. There is also that die shrink to 65nm that should happen next year which would reduce the price to make the console.

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
You should be cautious when purchasing any console, but I've had mine since February with no problems. You rarely hear of no problems, but people with problems won't stop talking! :lol:

How many people own these? How many complaints have you heard? Bad batch(es) anyone?

Also, remember when you buy the console and the salesman starts blabbing on about extended warranties? Listen to them before you say no, because it will save headaches if you do have problems. Sure it's a gamble whether it will ultimately be worth it, since the likelyhood of a problem is small, but it's not a monthly insurance fee and if you buy from a reputable location you'll be able to walk out with a brand new console the same day you have problems, rather than waiting a month and paying $150 to get a refurbished (not new, had problems already, might be fixed) unit from the manufacturer.

Yes, I worked retail. :p

thegreat1

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2006
microsoft now has a 1 year warranty on xbox 360's and will refund those who had to pay to repair their units. this applies to all xbox 360 purchases-new and old.

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
:lol: You'll notice the date I wrote this was before the announcement. I'd be much less inclined to purchase or recommend an extended warranty now. :wink:

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
As long as it starts at the end of the manufacturer's warranty period it might be worth it just to be sure. The 360 is still far from being a cheap, easily affordable console and if something goes kersplat on day 370, well lets just say the language probably won't be "work safe" ;-).