Admin account in XP home

Why doesn't the administrator account show up in "Users"
in XP Home. How can I log on as Administrator?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about admin account home

    XP Home allows you to login as Administrator (built-in) from Safe Mode.

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bd4401c450cc$71942060$a001280a@phx.gbl...
    Why doesn't the administrator account show up in "Users"
    in XP Home. How can I log on as Administrator?

    Thanks.

    Greetings --

    The built-in Administrator account really isn't intended to be
    used for day-to-day normal use. The standard security practice is to
    set a strong password on it and use it only to create another account
    for regular use, reserving the Administrator account as a "back door"
    in case something corrupts your regular account(s).

    As you've learned, once any additional user accounts have been
    created, the Administrator account will no longer be displayed on the
    Welcome Screen. This is a default security feature. By design, the
    only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to
    reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at
    the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why doesn't the administrator account show up in "Users"
    > in XP Home. How can I log on as Administrator?
    >
    > Thanks.

Microsoft Windows XP