7VRXP vs. KT333

JUSTLuigi

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
Just a note to those concerned... I too had big problems with the GigaByte GA-7VRXP's lack of support for my GeForce4 Ti 4600 video card... I too was told by GigaByte support to up the VCore voltage to +7.5% and got nowhere with it... I too spent many hours trying to get replies from my vendor and the support staff at GigaByte only to be told tough luck by my vendor (QbitPC) and "send the board in for a mod" by the manufacturer.

Well, I took it on the chin for following THG's lead on the GigaByte GA-7VRXP but I have found a board that restores my faith in the abilty of at least one company to deliver a quality product.

I received my SOYO KT333 Dragon Ultra a few days ago and MAN am I happy with that board. I purchsed it at NewEgg and got it with FREE 3-day FedEx shipping (arrived in 2 days). The board work perfectly right out of the box... simply configured the BIOS and I was on my way....

Way to go SOYO! Very nice product.

Here are my specs:

SOYO KT333 Dragon Ultra (Black)
ADM Athalon XP 2100+
512 DDR (PC2700) RAM
MSI GeForce4 Ti 4600 (128MB)
Maxtor DiamondMax 30GB HD (7200 RPM) ATA/133
Creative 52X CD
LG CDRW

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
*clap hands*. Angst Technology is bad for the soul.

By the way the GA-7VRXP is based on KT333 too, and the newest version, 2.0, shouldn't have those problems.

This little cathode light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!

l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
Does the rev 2.0 have the safety feature by turning off the CPU when it get's too hot? I got one from NewEgg and didn't see it anywhere in the manual. I'm guessing it doesn't have it :frown: . But if someone here could make my day by saying it does that would be nice.

How can my feet smell if it doesn't have a nose?

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
it should, here's a quote from THG

"Note: AMD won't be requiring thermal protection for Athlon CPUs until June 10, so we've not included this new feature here. "

At the end of the review of the KT333 boards, i hope that helps, but you could always e-mail gigabyte and hope.