Motherboard CPU doesnt boot.

Uther01

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
I am building a XP1800++ system and am having problems getting it to boot. I have power, CPU fan turns on, Video card fan turns on, but am not getting a signal to monitor.
Could this be a bad bios? MB? or CPU? Any help would be great! The motherboard is a ECS K7S5A.
MC

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Uther01 on 07/19/02 00:28 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

AnduMan

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2002
I also had this problem when installing my CPU. It revealed that one CPU pin was slightly misaligned. I corrected it and PC was booting right after that.
Put mem into another slot, try using a single mem dimm if you have more than one. Make sure the reset button is not pressed or the reset mobo contacts are touching (remove the cable to make sure). Connect PC speaker and see if it beeps: one long beep + three shorts: generally video problem. No beep at all: CPU or mem, supposing mobo and the power source are OK. My knowledge stops here :) Good luck !

Are you getting any error beeps? The first thing to do is to check that the graphics card and memory are properly seated.

Check your graphics card first though, sometimes it doesn't sit properly even if it looks OK.

:lol: I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.... :lol:

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
ok, this is gona make you wana kick yourself, hold F1 to get into the bios, go to CPU PnP Setup. Turn the 133/133 to 100/100. It will run slower but it will be stable, this motherboard has been plauged with problems with the 133 fsb.

Uther01

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
Well it looks like my XP 1800+ is bad, i got a new motherboard but same thing, put in my old athlon, and it booted right up. Thanks for your suggestions!
MC