Reset windows 8 will i lose storage pools?

nezz621

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
I recently installed windows 8 release preview. It installed fine, i created a 8 tb storage pool (took 2 days to transfer the data onto the drives). I've since tried to install a few other programs which i think have messed up the OS.

The problem is when I enter metro, none of the apps work (actually the apps never worked, it said resolution was too low despite having a resolution of 1280/768), but what is even worse is that once i enter metro, i cant get out of it other than to log out of windows or restart windows.

SO at this point I just want to do a clean install of windows 8, i dont mind having to reinstall programs, but what i'm affraid of is losing the storage pool i created.

SO my question is, If i reinstall (reset) windows 8, will i lose my storage pool, or will windows recognize it?

Also, ive already tried refreshing windows with no luck.

My setup:

Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155
Rosewill Green Series RG530-S12 530W power supply
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Team Xtreem Dark Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ram
Munchkin 120 gb SSD

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Ahh the issues encountered when using beta software as a primary OS and then putting all of your eggs in that beta basket.

Oh, if your storage pools weren't on the primary OS drive, you should be able to add them back later.

TRENDING THREADS