Blizzard Begins StarCraft II Closed Beta Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

in the upper right corner on teamliquid.com you can see live user streams of members whos playing right now

I hope the transition is better than the Warcraft 2 to Warcraft 3 fiasco. I personally thought the 3d move screwed up the gameplay and I enjoyed Warcraft 2 much more than 3.
The bar has been set so high by the original Starcraft. I can't imagine this release being on the same scale as the original in its day but, one could still hope despite no LAN support which is a huge hurdle to overcome in itself for this genre.

ultimate91

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
WOW! I have waiting for Starcraft II since Starcrft release when I was 7 grade! That is very good news to hear this information!

Haven't anybody thounght the requiemnet a little lower than recently game?

Nightskeeter

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Wow.

Ultimate91

By your grammar im astonished that you past the 5th grade.

Reading your comment was almost as painful as watching the Special Olympics, or Womans Basketball.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I have the beta and my 8800gts and E8400 can only mark 40 fps under ultra settings at 1650x1050
If i make some things to medium and to high i can get a smooth 60 fps+ The game looks great but on lowest settings it's so bare

G

[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Check your self too[/citation]
LOL! You got PWND! BTW, did you ever stop to think that English could possibly be a second language for that person?

Yay! Star Craft!

Nightskeeter

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]I have the beta and my 8800gts and E8400 can only mark 40 fps under ultra settings at 1650x1050If i make some things to medium and to high i can get a smooth 60 fps+ The game looks great but on lowest settings it's so bare[/citation]

Yeah, but 40FPS is plenty for a RTS. Hell the original probibly only ran at under 30FPS like Diablo 2 anyway....

Glad to hear how your system runs the game though, cause I have that same Processor! But I have a 4870 1GB running 1080P.

Thanks for sharing how it runs on your system!

G

I've been a member of battle.net for years and have WC3: Reign of Chaos, The Frozen Throne, Starcraft, and Diablo II. It feels like I waited over 10 years for the 2nd installment of this game, and I never got my beta key through battle.net tho, I actually got tired of waiting and came upon this site that had a couple hundred keys to give out. I'm not sure if they still have any keys available, but this was the site: http://gamebetakeys.com/starcraft2/

I think that they get new keys every few days so it's best to check back now and then.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]Nightskeeter[/nom]Wow.Ultimate91By your grammar im astonished that you past the 5th grade.Reading your comment was almost as painful as watching the Special Olympics, or Womans Basketball.[/citation]
Muphry's Law just kicked your ass.

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Hopefully its come a long way since Blizzcon where it looked and played like a 5 year old game. They (Blizz) did poach some people from Relic (Dawn of War 2/Company of Heroes folks) so that should help.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
2.2 GHz Pentium IV !?!?!!?

are they trying to trick us in to thinking that it hasn't taken them 11 years to make this by making it look like it came out in 2004 !?

it BETTER LOOK GOOD!!

their stupid "oh, every n00b with an abacus has to be able to run it" policy mixed with how long it has taken to polish it makes me wonder..

I'm all for low minimums, but we better be able to crank it up.

I still think starcraft looks good, low res sure, but the hand crafted (pre-rendered?) sprites have a certain quality feel to them. warcraft III was a joke graphically, the ONLY RTS to come close to replicating the look of it's previous sprite version in 3D is Red Alert 3.

the main reason I like starcraft is because of how different the races are. but I don't care how different they are mechanically, if they don't LOOK different, the illusion is broken.

MoUsE-WiZ

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
Just posting to brag. Downloading it now... good timing too, it's our spring break equivalent at my university, and I was all afraid I'd have to spend time coding this week ~_~

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
=)
I've bought 4 computers since I played the original Starcraft. Granted, I'm more of a Diable/Warcraft fan, but I'd love to play this. Hell, I'd love to play the original right now.
I've spent hundreds of hours on Diablo 2 (only a dozen or so on the original), 1500 on WoW, a few hundred on WC3...

Blizzard has gotten a lot of money from me.
... I want in. =(
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Glad the default resolution isn't 480x640 like in Diablo 2. xP[/citation]
Yeah...
Got my Crysis rig running smooth, and I decide to load up the gold ole' Diablo 2. 640x480 (800x640 in the expansion, but I lost the CD-key). I'm running a 22" 2048x1152 monitor, 640x480 just isn't happening, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.