ASUS P4B533 Unknown Device?

Hi,

I'm on WinXP Pro.
I just recently assembled an ASUS P4B533 mobo (built-in audio) w/ P4 1.9Ghz, Crucial 512mb PC2100, Pinnacle System Pro One card, Realtek NIC, etc.. I installed the drivers for all the devices that I use. For some reason, it still shows that there is an unknown device in Device Manager.

I can't think of any other causes, but it seems like the mobo is the culprit. I tried finding for other drivers on ASUS' site, but there seems to be none. What is this unknown device? Anyone experience it?

The manual mention that I need to download the new drivers for USB 2 from Microsoft. But they don't have it. However, I don't think this could be the unknown device, or can it?

Any suggestions? thanks!

--sign here--
"I used Thevenin to simplify my motherboard's circuits."
--by me--
1 answer Last reply
More about asus p4b533 unknown device
  1. The unknown device could be any of the various devices on your motherboard. Did you install all the drivers included on the CD? And why a P4 1.9? That would be a really crumy processor, significantly outperformed by the P4 1.8A (the A is the one with 512k cache). Also, the 1.8A accepts really high overclocks, while the earlier version 1.9 won't overclock much.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Drivers Devices