Q regarding disc detection and stuff :o)

Is there a way to turn off that thing that pops up whenever I put a CD
in a drive? I don't want it launching anything especially when I'm
burning a disc,it tends to disrupt things.

Also is DMA automatically turned on in windows XP or do I have to go
somewhere to turn it on? Disc properties doesn't seem to allow me to
do that.

Suffering98withdrawal,
MB (dasme)

You can also double click My Computer, right click the CD drive, select
properties, click the Autoplay tab, click Action to Perform, and Select -
Take No Action.
Click Apply and OK.

"MonkeyThatBoy" <DJSG3@thewheels.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to turn off that thing that pops up whenever I put a CD
> in a drive? I don't want it launching anything especially when I'm
> burning a disc,it tends to disrupt things.
>
> Also is DMA automatically turned on in windows XP or do I have to go
> somewhere to turn it on? Disc properties doesn't seem to allow me to
> do that.
>
> Suffering98withdrawal,
> MB (dasme)

MonkeyThatBoy <DJSG3@thewheels.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to turn off that thing that pops up whenever I put a CD
>in a drive? I don't want it launching anything especially when I'm
>burning a disc,it tends to disrupt things.

You can turn off AutoPlay in TweakUI > My Computer > AutoPlay > Types.
TweakUI is available from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp.

--
(tm)