Unable to search for text file content

was searching text files (extension LSP) for content that I know exists
and can find with Windows98, but Windows XP was unable to search the text
files for the content I specified. This is a tool that I depend on. Why am
I unable to find specified content of text files? Windows XP Pro.

--
____________________
Bill DeShawn

    Content Search Does Not Search All File Types for the Specified String
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309447

    Using the "A word or phrase in the file" search criterion may not work
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;309173

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:%23urO19jUEHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office <bdeshawn@nospam.net> hunted and
    pecked:
    > was searching text files (extension LSP) for content that I know
    > exists
    > and can find with Windows98, but Windows XP was unable to search the
    > text files for the content I specified. This is a tool that I depend
    > on. Why am I unable to find specified content of text files?
    > Windows XP Pro.
    >

    > --
    > ____________________
    > Bill DeShawn
    > Please reply to group only
    > Thank you
    > http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

    In addition to Wesley's advice:

    Follow this note and create a PersistentHandler for that filetype. Use {5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}, if and only if it is a plain-text file. For other HTML based files, the search filter will vary.

    Windows® XP - Search Problems - Containing Text:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_bad_search.htm

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office" <bdeshawn@nospam.net> wrote in message news:%23urO19jUEHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    was searching text files (extension LSP) for content that I know exists
    and can find with Windows98, but Windows XP was unable to search the text
    files for the content I specified. This is a tool that I depend on. Why am
    I unable to find specified content of text files? Windows XP Pro.

    --
    Bill DeShawn
    Please reply to group only
    Thank you