Unable to search for text file content

was searching text files (extension LSP) for content that I know exists
and can find with Windows98, but Windows XP was unable to search the text
files for the content I specified. This is a tool that I depend on. Why am
I unable to find specified content of text files? Windows XP Pro.

--
____________________
Bill DeShawn

Content Search Does Not Search All File Types for the Specified String
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309447

Using the "A word or phrase in the file" search criterion may not work
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;309173

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23urO19jUEHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office <bdeshawn@nospam.net> hunted and
pecked:
> was searching text files (extension LSP) for content that I know
> exists
> and can find with Windows98, but Windows XP was unable to search the
> text files for the content I specified. This is a tool that I depend
> on. Why am I unable to find specified content of text files?
> Windows XP Pro.
>

> --
> ____________________
> Bill DeShawn
> Please reply to group only
> Thank you
> http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

In addition to Wesley's advice:

Follow this note and create a PersistentHandler for that filetype. Use {5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}, if and only if it is a plain-text file. For other HTML based files, the search filter will vary.

Windows® XP - Search Problems - Containing Text:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_bad_search.htm

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User