single player on original delta force?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

how do I get the single player to highlight on the original delta force,as I
had to re-install and it has .net game server,but the single player part
will not be highlighted for me to click on and play as single player --(at
home)

thanks
18 answers Last reply
More about single player original delta force
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    put the cd in

    "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > how do I get the single player to highlight on the original delta force,as
    > had to re-install and it has .net game server,but the single player part
    > will not be highlighted for me to click on and play as single player --(at
    > home)
    >

    > thanks

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    > put the cd in
    >

    > "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    >> how do I get the single player to highlight on the original delta
    >> force,as I
    >> had to re-install and it has .net game server,but the single player part
    >> will not be highlighted for me to click on and play as single
    >> player --(at
    >> home)
    >>

    >> thanks

    I've had this problem on re-installing all Delta Force games. Even with the
    CD in, the Single Player is greyed out. maybe something to do with WinXP
    SP2??

    Create a shortcut to the executable and run it from there. It works.

    Cheers
    Peter
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    edit file called DF.cd with notepad. change the letter to match the letter
    of your cd drive containing the Delta Force cd.

    "Peter Hill" <mail@NOSPAMpjhill.com> wrote in message

    > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    >> put the cd in
    >>

    >> "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in
    >> message news:r9ore.406$on5.347@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
    >>> how do I get the single player to highlight on the original delta
    >>> force,as I
    >>> had to re-install and it has .net game server,but the single player part
    >>> will not be highlighted for me to click on and play as single
    >>> player --(at
    >>> home)
    >>>

    >>> thanks
    >>>

    > I've had this problem on re-installing all Delta Force games. Even with
    > the CD in, the Single Player is greyed out. maybe something to do with
    > WinXP SP2??
    >
    > Create a shortcut to the executable and run it from there. It works.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Peter

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    no DF.cd there! and cd is in copmputer/
    > edit file called DF.cd with notepad. change the letter to match the letter
    > of your cd drive containing the Delta Force cd.
    >

    > "Peter Hill" <mail@NOSPAMpjhill.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    > >> put the cd in
    > >>

    > >> "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in
    > >> message news:r9ore.406$on5.347@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...

    > > I've had this problem on re-installing all Delta Force games. Even with
    > > the CD in, the Single Player is greyed out. maybe something to do with
    > > WinXP SP2??
    > >
    > > Create a shortcut to the executable and run it from there. It works.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Peter

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    the file is called df.cd ; it's in the dlta force directory.

    > no DF.cd there! and cd is in copmputer/
    > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    >> edit file called DF.cd with notepad. change the letter to match the
    >> letter
    >> of your cd drive containing the Delta Force cd.
    >>

    >> "Peter Hill" <mail@NOSPAMpjhill.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message

    > part

    >> > I've had this problem on re-installing all Delta Force games. Even with
    >> > the CD in, the Single Player is greyed out. maybe something to do with
    >> > WinXP SP2??
    >> >
    >> > Create a shortcut to the executable and run it from there. It works.
    >> >
    >> > Cheers
    >> > Peter

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    also the cd is in computer why NO single player???!
    "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > no DF.cd there! and cd is in copmputer/
    > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    > > edit file called DF.cd with notepad. change the letter to match the
    letter
    > > of your cd drive containing the Delta Force cd.
    > >

    > > "Peter Hill" <mail@NOSPAMpjhill.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message

    > part

    > > > I've had this problem on re-installing all Delta Force games. Even
    with
    > > > the CD in, the Single Player is greyed out. maybe something to do with
    > > > WinXP SP2??
    > > >
    > > > Create a shortcut to the executable and run it from there. It works.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers
    > > > Peter

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    there is NO DF.CD in MY delta force direcory??!!
    > the file is called df.cd ; it's in the dlta force directory.
    >

    > "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > > no DF.cd there! and cd is in copmputer/
    > > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    > >> edit file called DF.cd with notepad. change the letter to match the
    > >> letter
    > >> of your cd drive containing the Delta Force cd.
    > >>

    > >> "Peter Hill" <mail@NOSPAMpjhill.com> wrote in message

    > > part

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    ok. hmmmm. novalogic must have changed the software since i bought the game.

    at this point you should contact novalogic support. better yet, call them.

    > there is NO DF.CD in MY delta force direcory??!!
    > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    >> the file is called df.cd ; it's in the dlta force directory.
    >>

    >> "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in
    >> message
    >> > no DF.cd there! and cd is in copmputer/
    >> > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message

    >> > part

    > with
    > with

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    I call em nologic n' a couple of other things I won't repeat
    here.........:OD

    --
    Kiwi;?<GD>
    GunDogs! We put the kill in skill......um........or is that the ass in
    > ok. hmmmm. novalogic must have changed the software since i bought the
    > game.
    >
    > at this point you should contact novalogic support. better yet, call them.
    >

    > "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    >> there is NO DF.CD in MY delta force direcory??!!
    >> "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    >>> the file is called df.cd ; it's in the dlta force directory.
    >>>

    >>> "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in
    >>> message

    >> with
    >> with

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    which of these files do I edit???--

    df.cfg
    DF.CMD
    Df.pff

    these are ALL the DF (except for DF.EXE) files in my delta force
    directory...
    "Whoever" <jebo@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
    > I call em nologic n' a couple of other things I won't repeat
    > here.........:OD
    >

    > --
    > Kiwi;?<GD>
    > GunDogs! We put the kill in skill......um........or is that the ass in
    > class???
    > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    > > ok. hmmmm. novalogic must have changed the software since i bought the
    > > game.
    > >
    > > at this point you should contact novalogic support. better yet, call
    them.

    > > "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in
    message
    > >> there is NO DF.CD in MY delta force direcory??!!
    > >> "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message

    Even
    > >> with
    > >> with

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    > which of these files do I edit???--
    >
    > df.cfg
    > DF.CMD
    > Df.pff
    >
    > these are ALL the DF (except for DF.EXE) files in my delta force
    > directory...

    none of the above.

    my fix only works with the versions that have the df.cd file in them. the
    original release
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    well,this IS the original release of delta force,I bought it about 5 years
    ago...

    > "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > > which of these files do I edit???--
    > >
    > > df.cfg
    > > DF.CMD
    > > Df.pff
    > >
    > > these are ALL the DF (except for DF.EXE) files in my delta force
    > > directory...
    >

    > none of the above.
    >
    > my fix only works with the versions that have the df.cd file in them. the
    > original release

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    You probably have explorer set to hide known extensions, or hide system
    files or something like that. The file is really there !
    For landWarrior it's called dflw.cd , maybe the file for DF1 is called
    df1.cd ? Just look for any files with the .cd extension.

    --
    NedFox <TZW>
    --
    > well,this IS the original release of delta force,I bought it about 5 years
    > ago...
    >
    > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in
    >> message
    >> > which of these files do I edit???--
    >> >
    >> > df.cfg
    >> > DF.CMD
    >> > Df.pff
    >> >
    >> > these are ALL the DF (except for DF.EXE) files in my delta force
    >> > directory...
    >>

    >> none of the above.
    >>
    >> my fix only works with the versions that have the df.cd file in them. the
    >> original release

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    NOPE ITS SHOW all HIDDEN FILES,AND IT'S not THERE..

    "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
    > You probably have explorer set to hide known extensions, or hide system
    > files or something like that. The file is really there !
    > For landWarrior it's called dflw.cd , maybe the file for DF1 is called
    > df1.cd ? Just look for any files with the .cd extension.
    >
    > --
    > NedFox <TZW>
    > --
    > "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> schreef in
    bericht
    > > well,this IS the original release of delta force,I bought it about 5
    years
    > > ago...
    > >
    > > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in
    > >> message

    > >> none of the above.
    > >>
    > >> my fix only works with the versions that have the df.cd file in them.
    the
    > >> original release

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    when u put the cd in do u see it in the my computer
    searh the cd if u do..

    --
    Billyboy 00 FLHRI
    Road King Rules
    > do a search on your pc for *.cd and see if you find it.
    >

    > "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    >> NOPE ITS SHOW all HIDDEN FILES,AND IT'S not THERE..
    >>
    >> "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
    >>> You probably have explorer set to hide known extensions, or hide system
    >>> files or something like that. The file is really there !
    >>> For landWarrior it's called dflw.cd , maybe the file for DF1 is called
    >>> df1.cd ? Just look for any files with the .cd extension.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> NedFox <TZW>
    >>> --
    >>> "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> schreef in
    >> bericht
    >> years

    >> the

  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    yes,I am NOT stupid --the cd is in the computer BUT NO DF.CD file!!!!

    "Billyboy" <wevans@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
    > when u put the cd in do u see it in the my computer
    > searh the cd if u do..
    >
    > --
    > Billyboy 00 FLHRI
    > Road King Rules
    > "scott johnson" <sgtslaughter@charter.spam(net)> wrote in message
    > > do a search on your pc for *.cd and see if you find it.
    > >

    > > "maniacmechanic1" <maniacmechanic1removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in
    message
    > >> NOPE ITS SHOW all HIDDEN FILES,AND IT'S not THERE..
    > >>
    > >> "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message

    > >> bericht
    > >> years

    > >> the

  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    I wasnt calling u stupid.i was suggesting u do a search of the cd not your
    folder..i also had trouble with df1 when i reloaded after gettin xp i had to
    right click the icon on the desktop and run in win 95 mode but didnt like
    the graphics so i stopped playin it..I was just tryin to help
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:08:09 GMT, "Billyboy" <wevans@rochester.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >I wasnt calling u stupid.i was suggesting u do a search of the cd not your
    >folder..i also had trouble with df1 when i reloaded after gettin xp i had to
    >right click the icon on the desktop and run in win 95 mode but didnt like
    >the graphics so i stopped playin it..I was just tryin to help

    Right-Click on your Delta Force desktop icon.
    Choose Properties---Find Target.
    Find the ASSETS.CD file and open it in Notepad.
    Change the Drive Letter to whatever drive you currently have the Delta
    Force Black Hawk Down on.
    Run the game from the Desktop Icon.

Games Servers Video Games