Setup of ASUS P4S533 w/ PC3200

MindCrime

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
Hey,

Have any of you guys gone through the process of setting up an ASUS P4S533 mobo to run PC3200 ram?

I know it's possible without actually overclocking (thanks AMD_Man), but I'm a newb to any type of setup that isn't just out of the box.

Don't get me wrong, I know my way around a computer, but I've never overclocked or messed with bios to much.

If any of you have done this, and would like to help a newb out with this task, or know of some links that can help walk me through this process, that'd be great.

Thanks in advance.

<b>If it aint broke, then hell, you aint looking at it in the right frame of mind!</b>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Have any of you guys gone through the process of setting up an ASUS P4S533 mobo to run PC3200 ram
Hmm, just set the CPU/Memory Frequency Ratio to 3:6 (if you're on a 100MHz FSB) or 4:6 (if you're on a 133MHz FSB) in the BIOS under Advanced. It's that simple.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Hmm, just set the CPU/Memory Frequency Ratio to 3:6 (if you're on a 100MHz FSB) or 4:6 (if you're on a 133MHz FSB) in the BIOS under Advanced. It's that simple.
But I still have to hit reset when booting or else it won't post! Is there anyone out there who could tell me how to avoid hitting the reset button every time I boot when the cpu/mem ratio is 4:6?

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

MindCrime

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
Aight,

Thanks again man. Sounds easy enough.

Wondering what Black_Cats issue is though? Not even sure if he/she is referring to an issue with this setup or not. I For sure would like to know, incase I encounter it as well.

Thanks again.

<b>If it aint broke, then hell, you aint looking at it in the right frame of mind!</b>

MindCrime

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
HA!

Yes, this is true, don't ever trust the needle. It also---cries it cries your naaaaame.

Damn those were the good ole days when ummm....Ah nevermind, I'm showing my age :)

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Wondering what Black_Cats issue is though? Not even sure if he/she is referring to an issue with this setup or not. I For sure would like to know, incase I encounter it as well.
When the cpu/mem frequency ratio is set in the BIOS to anything except Auto, on a cold boot it will not POST. I have to hit the reset button then it will POST. This also happens on a warm boot. The screen just goes black and nothing happens until I hit the reset button. If it's set to Auto, all I have to do is hit the power button and it POSTs without a hitch.

If I have to hit the reset button every time I boot I won't be that upset. It's just a bit annoying.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.