Jim

when upgrading windows xp over windows 98 I get the message
file 1$win_nt$.~bthalacpi.dll error code 7 on re-boot
I then get option to re start in windows 98
Any ideas????

HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or
Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316639

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Windows XP Problems During Installation When You
Upgrade from Windows 98 or Windows Me
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310064&Product=winxp

Troubleshooting Windows XP Setup

Carey Frisch