Can't run Britannica 2002 Expanded Edition DVD

Every time I try to run my Britannica 2002 Expanded Edition DVD under
Windows XP Home, I get an error message saying: "Unable to start the
application--The Java Virtual Machine can not be loaded. Class not
registered." I have loaded the Sun Java but I still get the error
message. I found some links for Microsoft Java but they say that they
install over previous versions of VM only.

I have installed all the Windows XP Home updates available.

How can I get my Britannica 2002 Expanded Edition DVD to run under
Windows XP Home? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
I just heard a TV commercial about an automobile that has a rear
entertainment system. I immediately wondered exactly how would an

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Every time I try to run my Britannica 2002 Expanded Edition DVD under
> Windows XP Home, I get an error message saying: "Unable to start the
> application--The Java Virtual Machine can not be loaded. Class not
> registered." I have loaded the Sun Java but I still get the error
> message. I found some links for Microsoft Java but they say that they
> install over previous versions of VM only.
>
> I have installed all the Windows XP Home updates available.
>
> How can I get my Britannica 2002 Expanded Edition DVD to run under
> Windows XP Home? Thank you in advance for all replies.
> --
> I just heard a TV commercial about an automobile that has a rear
> entertainment system. I immediately wondered exactly how would an
> automobile entertain ones rear and would it be safe to drive while
> ones rear was being entertained.

Hi,

I have tried going to a few sites that are supposed to have the MSJVM but
they are defunct, or not working, so I uploaded one to one of my accounts if
you want to use it. It is a real MS Java Machine, you can scan it, or not
use, it is up to you. When you install it, you shouyld go to Windows Updates
and get the security update for this, as it will show up there when this is
installed, and it is OK to run alongside SUn java, youll just need to make
the MS java the default for now. Install, and then try you Encyclopedia
install again.

http://home.insightbb.com/~guesswho192/msjavwu.exe