Shizamaaur

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2006
Hello, my friends and I sat down to play my Xbox360 and we were playing it for about 5 minutes when all of the sudden, BAM lights 1, 3, and 4 started flashing red. We tried everything I could find about it on the net and...... nothing. We did the sync code thingy and it flashed 4, 1, 4, 2 which translates to 0102 being the error code, which is "0102 unknown error - though it's most likely GPU related literally means the console does not know what is wrong. possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere. So far there is 1 major theory for what causes most of these errors is that the Ram, CPU, or GPU are not soldered properly to the mother board due either to poor manufacturing or excessive heat up and cool down cycles that stress, weaken and eventually break the soldered connection. This can be solved by re-Heating the chips DO NOT attempt this if your console is still under warranty. If your console is still under warranty return it to the store where it was purchased or call MS to have it replaced. I have also heard of limited success by simply switching the AV cable from "HDTV" mode to "TV" mode." Now my question is, is there a possible solution to fixing this problem without having to send it back, has anyone had any luck with any other solution? My warranty actually just expired a month ago as well, so I was wondering if anyone knows any repair cost figures? Thanks everyone!!

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Hello, my friends and I sat down to play my Xbox360 and we were playing it for about 5 minutes when all of the sudden, BAM lights 1, 3, and 4 started flashing red. We tried everything I could find about it on the net and...... nothing.

are you kidding me what internet do you use?

My warranty actually just expired a month ago as well, so I was wondering if anyone knows any repair cost figures? Thanks everyone!!

you do know M$SFT extended the warranty to 1 year right?

If its under warranty send it back no question get that pos fixed, Yes there has been some soldering/bga issues, But did you udate through live recently?< i have had many 360's and have done some research and (1) 3 red light problem is that the update seems to optimize the gpu causing some heat issues on an already poor heat transfer setup

regardless if you do send it back and its not under warranty it would be between $100-$140