What is opensite.exe?

I see a program running in the background when I open Windows Task Manager.
It is "opensite.exe". When I tried to search for it, it lead me to a link
that showed SASSER worm in the first response. When I tried to open that
link it told me that the .aspx was no longer available.
Is this "opensite.exe" a worm or not. What is it and what does it do?
Thank You

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Bill Stillman" <icstude@advinc.com> wrote in message
>I see a program running in the background when I open Windows Task Manager.
> It is "opensite.exe". When I tried to search for it, it lead me to a link
> that showed SASSER worm in the first response. When I tried to open that
> link it told me that the .aspx was no longer available.
> Is this "opensite.exe" a worm or not. What is it and what does it do?
> Thank You

Its spyware, and maybe is or acting like a trojan back door.

Download Adaware 6:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

And install and update the reference files (read the how tos in the help
file). it will find probably more than just what you list, and remove them.

You ncan also get Sptbot Search and Destroy, as this is more intensive, but
sometimes regards needed files as spyware, so pay attention to what it wants
to remove.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

Also run your anti-virus with recent updates if you have one, and if you
don't do a search for fgood free ones. Then get yourself a good firewall if
you have one. ZoneAlarm is good and has a fgree version, but don't get the
newest version (#5) for now, until they get it fixed. here is the version
before which works great.

Go here
http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/znalm/zaReleaseHistory.html
and select the second from the top download (the 4.5.594.000 version)

I bought the upgrade "Adaware Professional" and it was well worth it. I live
on the internet and it really helps.