Direct Memory Access Question

When using Sonic (MyDVD) program, I keep getting the message DMA is turned off for one or more of the recording devices attached to the system. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Device settings are hard to find in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310751

Check and Set DMA Mode
http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/howto-05.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:FC5481B9-3B32-47B5-807B-A2AA1EE0D597@microsoft.com,
Little Lil <Little Lil@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When using Sonic (MyDVD) program, I keep getting the message DMA is
> turned off for one or more of the recording devices attached to the
> system. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Hi Wes,

Very helpful, thanks so much. There's a whole new world in there.

Cheers,

Lilly...

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Device settings are hard to find in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310751
>
> Check and Set DMA Mode
> http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/howto-05.htm
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:FC5481B9-3B32-47B5-807B-A2AA1EE0D597@microsoft.com,
> Little Lil <Little Lil@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > When using Sonic (MyDVD) program, I keep getting the message DMA is
> > turned off for one or more of the recording devices attached to the
> > system. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Lilly,

You betcha! Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.