Foxconn Guards Kick and Threaten Reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

amabhy

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Man, I knew those dirty Apple d-bags would somehow be involved.

I blame them for everything!

Screw Apple!!!!!!!!!!!

G

fulle: not sure why you think America is sooooooooo much better, in America, atleast the following businesses have special status:

Goldman Sachs
Blackwater
Every major oil company
Every lobbying firm in Washington
The Federal Reserve(in case you didn't know, it IS a private company)

If you don't believe me, show up to a Blackwater facility and start taking pictures

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]white_water_gate[/nom]fulle: not sure why you think America is sooooooooo much better, in America, atleast the following businesses have special status:Goldman SachsBlackwaterEvery major oil companyEvery lobbying firm in WashingtonThe Federal Reserve(in case you didn't know, it IS a private company).....If you don't believe me, show up to a Blackwater facility and start taking pictures[/citation]
Yes, but in America, a battered reporter would file charges, sue them to death, and create a media frenzy.

jenesuispasbavard

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Wow, I'm amazed at the ignorance of some people here. Do you realise that Hong Kong is nothing like China? It is obviously Foxconn's fault, not tha fact that the city happens to be a Chinese territory...

kravmaga

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
In other news, Reuters reporter bitten when taunting sharks with hand drenched in blood.

Seriously... What the hell did he expect?!
Did he want to try to trick the guards into stopping him by acting as suspicious as possible?
Snapping pictures unannounced outside a factory with a taxi on standby is exactly what the guards were trained to watch out for to stop. Trying to run away in the cab instead of explaining himself is even more red flag.
He might as well have worn a spy trench coat, mumbled his own theme song and ran away upon being called out while yelling "muahahah! You'll never catch me, suckers!"

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Um public road kravmaga.. I mean seriously come on... I could understand the guards maybe going up to the guy, and asking to see some credentials and what have you. But there was no need for the violence. Quit trying to make the victim into the criminal.

And if this would've happened in the U.S.. A few things would/could've happened. He would sue *most likely*, press charges *not so likely everybody knows there would be no point*, caused a media hayday *goes with sueing most likely*, or we would've never had heard about it because he would've disappeared.

Hupiscratch

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
[citation][nom]pei-chen[/nom]The world will be a far better place if half of the world's reporter suddenly died.[/citation]

That´s the kind of thinking you'd expect from a China's Communist Party member. China would be a far better place if this party just vanished.

simplyderp

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]Yes, but in America, a battered reporter would file charges, sue them to death, and create a media frenzy.[/citation]

True. America is all about media frenzy - 24/7/52/365.25 of the time. And business here have much more crushing control over the government, individuals, economy, and every single little aspect of your life than China. Yes, we're so noble.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]oh nm, I see it was in Hong Kong. As if there are laws there.[/citation]
Let's get this absolutely straight. There are NO Foxconn production facilities in Hong Kong. The numpties who can't tell the difference between Hong Kong, which is often continually ranked as one of the most free market, lowest corruption economies in the world ahead of the US, and mainland China, should go back to school and get an education.
There are barbed wire fences and a border crossing between Hong Kong and mainland China. Mexicans and Californians, they're all Americans right? DUH!!!

Detson

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2005
Rofl. I don't think Apple or any other company has a legally protected "special status" in the US. What a scary phrase! Companies in the US are powerful because they can afford good lawyers, but they don't disappear people.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
[citation][nom]Detson[/nom]Rofl. I don't think Apple or any other company has a legally protected "special status" in the US. What a scary phrase! Companies in the US are powerful because they can afford good lawyers, but they don't disappear people.[/citation]
It wouldn't surprise me if Boeing or some other US defense contractor enjoyed similar status. But with military contracts you could at least understand.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
@White_water_gate
I'm well aware of what Blackwater is, and wouldn't put them in the same league as a company like Foxconn. A company that carries out defense contracts, and a company that manufactures consumer products aren't even comparable.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Damn, I love Foxconn.

Though, Foxconn actually sucks and Quantum Force rocks (their enthusiast spin off, which made products such as the Bloodrage), though QF is closing it seems. =(

I would have just told the taxi driver to go and thrown all my cash at him...

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
[citation][nom]pei-chen[/nom]The world will be a far better place if half of the world's reporter suddenly died.[/citation]
You got it wrong, the world would be a far better place if 9/10 of the worlds politicians suddenly died in burning cars because they couldn't get their seat belts unbuckled.

Status
Not open for further replies.