Palinko

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
I just got FEAR and after 30 minutes of game play it either freezes, crashes, or restarts my computer. I had FEAR on my computer a while ago and it didn't do this.

Specs:

Nvidia 6800 XT
Msi Neo4 71-25
1 gig DDR RAM
Athlon 3200+ 64

ForTheHorde

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
I was going to say that you are overheating, but I don't think that would cause freezing/crashing, but definitely a restart. Check temps anyway. Try to find a patch for the game, and update all your drivers. Does this happen with other games? Is it when you are at a certain spot in the game, or just after time? Does it happen when you see a certain object in the game? Read the buglist, make sure your card is compatible with it. Maybe try to turn the graphics down.

Palinko

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
Well you see I did check my temp and it stayed around 55 degrees. I shouldn't have to lower my settings because I have played FEAR before and it doesn't do this. Yes it does do this with other games.

3nd3m1c3d3n

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Maybe test your ram or see if you can swap with a friend to see if that helps.
Otherwise if you added any new drivers or anything changed in the OS you use that could hog up your memory in the first place is worth checking. Disabling any extra services not needed in Task manager- msconfig - services.msc if you are using XP etc. It could be many things depending on what has changed since the last time it ran smoothly... :oops:

Palinko

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
Yeah I got a new PSU. Thing is my FEAR EP likes to freeze at a certain point. I reinstalled several times. However no dice.

insan3

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
with my old computer, i used to get that problem a lot in other games. What i figured out finally to work was just updating your drivers. i only had problems with Steam oriented games though.