Confused about Guild Wars

dark115

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
Ok so i thought i would try guild wars with some christmas money i have however when i got to the store there was three guild wars and all were $50 Nightfall, Factions, and the reg guild wars. I dont really understand what is going on. I know they are expansions but a price tag of $50 for each seems a bit steep. So i was wondering if i bought one of the expansions does it also have the orginal game with it or would i have to spend $100 to have an expansion and the game? Any help would be great thx!

ForTheHorde

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
I am pretty sure you need the original first, but not certain. When you go to get the game, look on the cover of the expansions. It will say somewhere on the box 'Requires the full version of Guild Wars to play" if you need the original.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I am pretty sure you need the original first, but not certain. When you go to get the game, look on the cover of the expansions. It will say somewhere on the box 'Requires the full version of Guild Wars to play" if you need the original.

No, each game is a FULL game, although for the best experience, getting all three is recommended, especially in PvP play.

Prophecies the original
Factions is second campaign
Nightfall is the third campaign

There are many fansites to check out, guildwarsguru.com is a good one.

lukegfx

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
yep he said it all, they are each games in their own, however each comes with an expansion campaign, areas (a whole extra world), weaponry items etc. and proffessions.

recommended to buy all 3 but if needs be buy them in order, they kinda lead together and there seems to be a lack of confusion this way. also, the first campaign you get 4 charcater slots where the others you get +2 so if you had them all you would have 8, the 1st and second 6 or the 2nd and third 4.

i have nightfall but hve yet to play until my comp is up and running, and i only began factions skimming the surface. im oldschool lol. but although i would be byast, i would recommend getting them in order if you cannot get them at once.

also depends what type of play you prefer, for instance, buying the factions game you will have 2 char slots and can only be a rt/as or as/rt (assasin and ritualist) which were the two chars released with that particular game. same goes for nightfall i think. where the first game has 6 proffessions for your 4 slots, so you can have a necromacer primary with 5 other different secondarys. as you buy the other games you can however mix the newer with the older. this also is a reason to buy the first game

hope i helped. Luke

lukegfx

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
kl from what i have heard of recent tho, they have upgraded quite a bit and made it more confusing, i dont care what ne1 sas about this game.. i liked it lol