Confused about Guild Wars

dark115

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
Ok so i thought i would try guild wars with some christmas money i have however when i got to the store there was three guild wars and all were $50 Nightfall, Factions, and the reg guild wars. I dont really understand what is going on. I know they are expansions but a price tag of $50 for each seems a bit steep. So i was wondering if i bought one of the expansions does it also have the orginal game with it or would i have to spend $100 to have an expansion and the game? Any help would be great thx!

lukegfx

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
i made like a 300 word reply in the general section where you made the exct sane post, look at it and i hope it helps

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
It's a common noob practice do double post. It usually doesn't get caught in heavy traffic areas, but this isn't on of those.

Link for anyone curiously skimming.

they are "stand-alone expansions" You can buy anyone of them and play online. BUT currently most of the population is playing Nightfall so you will have a hard time finding a group in any other expansions. I have Profs/"reg" and Factions, it is a real pain to do even the simplest missions due to the extremely low numbers of players in profs and factions.

Get Nightfall.

ira176

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
I got nightfall and now I'm an addict. I also purchased prophecies and factions. I'm really enjoying the games. I started a game in prophecies too, and have seen pleanty of other players online.