How to erase a CD-RW disc by using the XP CD Writer Wizard?

I am running WIN XP Professional, and have a Que! CD-RW writer. When I insert a CD-RW disc, the menue on the left of the screen 90% of the time shows only "Write these files to CD", and no option to erase the disc. A few times it has shown the task "Erase this CD", instead of the write command - I don't know why. Is there a way to change from the write-command to the erase command when this is desired? If so, how?
1 answer Last reply
More about erase disc writer wizard

    To erase files from a CD:

    1. Open My Computer.
    2. Double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays the files and folders located on the CD.
    3. Under CD Writing Tasks, click Erase this CD-RW. Windows displays the CD Writing Wizard.
    4. Follow the instructions in the wizard to delete the files on the CD-RW.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Dog Lover" <Dog Lover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    |I am running WIN XP Professional, and have a Que! CD-RW writer. When I insert a CD-RW disc, the menue on the
    left of the screen 90% of the time shows only "Write these files to CD", and no option to erase the disc. A
    few times it has shown the task "Erase this CD", instead of the write command - I don't know why. Is there a
    way to change from the write-command to the erase command when this is desired? If so, how?

Windows XP Command Prompt CD-Rom