How to erase a CD-RW disc by using the XP CD Writer Wizard?

June 16, 2004 10:43:01 PM

I am running WIN XP Professional, and have a Que! CD-RW writer. When I insert a CD-RW disc, the menue on the left of the screen 90% of the time shows only "Write these files to CD", and no option to erase the disc. A few times it has shown the task "Erase this CD", instead of the write command - I don't know why. Is there a way to change from the write-command to the erase command when this is desired? If so, how?
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 4:28:05 PM

To erase files from a CD:

1. Open My Computer.
2. Double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays the files and folders located on the CD.
3. Under CD Writing Tasks, click Erase this CD-RW. Windows displays the CD Writing Wizard.
4. Follow the instructions in the wizard to delete the files on the CD-RW.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!