Microphone doesn't work correctly

June 17, 2004 12:11:52 AM

I have recently started to use Yahoo messenger to
communicate with friends up north. I bought a headset
with mic and have not been able to make it work
correctly. I am running XP on a new Dell Dimension 4600.
The headset/mic is a GE. When I speak into the mic the
voice my friend hears is in slow motion. It sounds evil.
I have gone into the speech center and performed all of
the voice training and tested the mic there. The very
first time I say there little phrase my voice is normal
if I say it again it is in slow motion. I have tried
everything I know to make it work but it won't. I also
went into sound recorder and the mic worked and my voice
was normal. I opened sounds and audio devices and clicked
test hardware and got an error code 0x80150175 " error
occurred during direct play voice setup". When I close
that dialog box another box pops up that says "Windows
cannot execute Dpvsetup.exe. What am I doing wrong?
Please help.
Thanks Denise
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 3:43:01 AM

the reason for getting this error is explained in this Knowledge base article.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282882
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"Denise" wrote:

> I have recently started to use Yahoo messenger to
> communicate with friends up north. I bought a headset
> with mic and have not been able to make it work
> correctly. I am running XP on a new Dell Dimension 4600.
> The headset/mic is a GE. When I speak into the mic the
> voice my friend hears is in slow motion. It sounds evil.
> I have gone into the speech center and performed all of
> the voice training and tested the mic there. The very
> first time I say there little phrase my voice is normal
> if I say it again it is in slow motion. I have tried
> everything I know to make it work but it won't. I also
> went into sound recorder and the mic worked and my voice
> was normal. I opened sounds and audio devices and clicked
> test hardware and got an error code 0x80150175 " error
> occurred during direct play voice setup". When I close
> that dialog box another box pops up that says "Windows
> cannot execute Dpvsetup.exe. What am I doing wrong?
> Please help.
> Thanks Denise

June 17, 2004 11:42:47 AM

Thank you for your help. I will try this when I get home.
Is this possibly the cause of the mic not working
correctly? Is my voice coming across in slow motion
because of this sound acceleration setting?

Thanks again.
Denise

!