Showing mail in all accounts

I have set up XP with three accounts - for Family, my wife, and myself. However- as I have no secrets (!) I would like mail that is recieved by outlook express in one account to show in the others. At present if I check mail, and it downloads into my account's OE, it doesnt show when my wife goes to check it in her account.

I would also like OE to have the same folders throughout the accounts.

How do I do this - can it be done?!
Thanks
GD

grahamdickie wrote:
> I have set up XP with three accounts - for Family, my wife, and
> myself. However- as I have no secrets (!) I would like mail that is
> recieved by outlook express in one account to show in the others. At
> present if I check mail, and it downloads into my account's OE, it
> doesnt show when my wife goes to check it in her account.
>
> I would also like OE to have the same folders throughout the accounts.
>
> How do I do this - can it be done?!
> Thanks
> GD

I think you are confusing Identities and Accounts. It is "normal" for
each Identity to belong to one person, who may then have numerous
accounts in his identity, because he has one from his ISP, one from
Hotmail, etc.

What you need to do for it to work as you would like, is to add ALL the
accounts to just the one identity.

Be aware that if you configure as above, you need to check when sending
new mail that it is going from the account you want it to go from.

Hope this helps.

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Hi Kath
And thank you. But I still dont quite understand.
At present we have one ISP account and it is set up for five different email names. They are accessible to anyone on the computer.

I still dont understand how to configure so that it doesnt matter who downloads the mail - it will show in every XP Account's copy of OE. Is it something to do with where certain files or programs are stored (ie shared documents etc)?

Im not sure what is meant by <adding all accounts to one identity> let alone how i do it! :)
Can you help?
Thanks
Graham

"Kath Adams" wrote:

> grahamdickie wrote:
> > I have set up XP with three accounts - for Family, my wife, and
> > myself. However- as I have no secrets (!) I would like mail that is
> > recieved by outlook express in one account to show in the others. At
> > present if I check mail, and it downloads into my account's OE, it
> > doesnt show when my wife goes to check it in her account.
> >
> > I would also like OE to have the same folders throughout the accounts.
> >
> > How do I do this - can it be done?!
> > Thanks
> > GD
>
> I think you are confusing Identities and Accounts. It is "normal" for
> each Identity to belong to one person, who may then have numerous
> accounts in his identity, because he has one from his ISP, one from
> Hotmail, etc.
>
> What you need to do for it to work as you would like, is to add ALL the
> accounts to just the one identity.
>
> Be aware that if you configure as above, you need to check when sending
> new mail that it is going from the account you want it to go from.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Kath Adams
> MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Gordon

"grahamdickie" <grahamdickie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi Kath
> And thank you. But I still dont quite understand.
> At present we have one ISP account and it is set up for five different
email names. They are accessible to anyone on the computer.

> I still dont understand how to configure so that it doesnt matter who
downloads the mail - it will show in every XP Account's copy of OE. Is it
something to do with where certain files or programs are stored (ie shared
documents etc)?

> Im not sure what is meant by <adding all accounts to one identity> let
alone how i do it! :)
> Can you help?
> Thanks
> Graham
>
> "Kath Adams" wrote:
>
> > grahamdickie wrote:
> > > I have set up XP with three accounts - for Family, my wife, and
> > > myself. However- as I have no secrets (!) I would like mail that is
> > > recieved by outlook express in one account to show in the others. At
> > > present if I check mail, and it downloads into my account's OE, it
> > > doesnt show when my wife goes to check it in her account.
> > >
> > > I would also like OE to have the same folders throughout the accounts.
> > >
> > > How do I do this - can it be done?!
> > > Thanks
> > > GD
> >
> > I think you are confusing Identities and Accounts. It is "normal" for
> > each Identity to belong to one person, who may then have numerous
> > accounts in his identity, because he has one from his ISP, one from
> > Hotmail, etc.
> >
> > What you need to do for it to work as you would like, is to add ALL the
> > accounts to just the one identity.
> >
> > Be aware that if you configure as above, you need to check when sending
> > new mail that it is going from the account you want it to go from.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > --
> > Kath Adams
> > MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Try here:
OLEXP: How to Share the Store Folder Among Multiple Windows XP Users
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317031

Who is your ISP ? If you have no problem with others seeing mail addressed
to your account in OE, then surely anyone of the accounts can press send and
receive and open the post in the inbox. Are the three accounts set up within
OE or do you have web based accounts and only yours is set up to forward
your mail to OE?

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks