ARE THERE CONTROL KEYS FOR BRINGING UP THE CLIPBOARD AT AN..

geek

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

I HAVE SOME GENERAL ITEMS THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED WITH WORD OR OFFICE THAT I
HAVE TO FILL IN QUITE OFTEN AND WOULD LIKE TO SAVE INFO TO THE CLIPBOARD AND
JUST BE ABLE TO PULL THAT UP WHEN EVER I NEED IT. IS POSSIBLE. OR, DO I HAVE
TO BE WORKING IN A DOCUMENT BEFORE I CAN SEE THE CLIPBOARD?

ARE THERE CONTROL KEYS FOR THIS?

1.) Don't post in all caps -- it is difficult to read, and is considered
to be shouting.
2.) You need a 3rd party utility to do what you desire

steve

"Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> I HAVE SOME GENERAL ITEMS THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED WITH WORD OR OFFICE THAT I
> HAVE TO FILL IN QUITE OFTEN AND WOULD LIKE TO SAVE INFO TO THE CLIPBOARD
AND
> JUST BE ABLE TO PULL THAT UP WHEN EVER I NEED IT. IS POSSIBLE. OR, DO I
HAVE
> TO BE WORKING IN A DOCUMENT BEFORE I CAN SEE THE CLIPBOARD?
>
> ARE THERE CONTROL KEYS FOR THIS?

If you hit the Print Screen key, whatever is on the screen will be copied to
the Clipbrd.
To see what you copied, either type clipbrd on the Start, Run line and hit
enter, or go to Paint and hit Ctrl + V to View what is on the Clipbrd.

"Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> I HAVE SOME GENERAL ITEMS THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED WITH WORD OR OFFICE THAT I
> HAVE TO FILL IN QUITE OFTEN AND WOULD LIKE TO SAVE INFO TO THE CLIPBOARD
AND
> JUST BE ABLE TO PULL THAT UP WHEN EVER I NEED IT. IS POSSIBLE. OR, DO I
HAVE
> TO BE WORKING IN A DOCUMENT BEFORE I CAN SEE THE CLIPBOARD?
>
> ARE THERE CONTROL KEYS FOR THIS?

Just a thought, but why not keep the information in a file
and just copy and paste it when needed?

Hope this helps,
Milt

geek

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Thank you.

"Squire" <jerrym526@cableone.net> wrote in message
> If you hit the Print Screen key, whatever is on the screen will be copied
> the Clipbrd.
> To see what you copied, either type clipbrd on the Start, Run line and hit
> enter, or go to Paint and hit Ctrl + V to View what is on the Clipbrd.
>
> "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> > I HAVE SOME GENERAL ITEMS THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED WITH WORD OR OFFICE THAT
> > HAVE TO FILL IN QUITE OFTEN AND WOULD LIKE TO SAVE INFO TO THE CLIPBOARD
> AND
> > JUST BE ABLE TO PULL THAT UP WHEN EVER I NEED IT. IS POSSIBLE. OR, DO I
> HAVE
> > TO BE WORKING IN A DOCUMENT BEFORE I CAN SEE THE CLIPBOARD?
> >
> > ARE THERE CONTROL KEYS FOR THIS?

geek

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

For anyone interested there is freeware called Clip Board Buddy I found
here:
http://www.download.com/Clipboard-Buddy/3000-2384-10170486.html?tag=lst-0-3

> Thank you.
>
> "Squire" <jerrym526@cableone.net> wrote in message
> > If you hit the Print Screen key, whatever is on the screen will be
copied
> > the Clipbrd.
> > To see what you copied, either type clipbrd on the Start, Run line and
hit
> > enter, or go to Paint and hit Ctrl + V to View what is on the Clipbrd.
> >
> > "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> > > I HAVE SOME GENERAL ITEMS THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED WITH WORD OR OFFICE
THAT
> > > HAVE TO FILL IN QUITE OFTEN AND WOULD LIKE TO SAVE INFO TO THE
CLIPBOARD
> > AND
> > > JUST BE ABLE TO PULL THAT UP WHEN EVER I NEED IT. IS POSSIBLE. OR, DO
> > HAVE
> > > TO BE WORKING IN A DOCUMENT BEFORE I CAN SEE THE CLIPBOARD?
> > >
> > > ARE THERE CONTROL KEYS FOR THIS?

Thanks for the Link, it looks like it can be useful.

> For anyone interested there is freeware called Clip Board Buddy I found
> here:

http://www.download.com/Clipboard-Buddy/3000-2384-10170486.html?tag=lst-0-3

> "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you.
> >
> > "Squire" <jerrym526@cableone.net> wrote in message
> > > If you hit the Print Screen key, whatever is on the screen will be
> copied
> > > the Clipbrd.
> > > To see what you copied, either type clipbrd on the Start, Run line and
> hit
> > > enter, or go to Paint and hit Ctrl + V to View what is on the
Clipbrd.

> > > "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> THAT
> CLIPBOARD
> > > AND
DO
> > > HAVE

geek

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Yeah, this is good too, thank you! I think clip board buddy takes it a step
further. It takes files that you create and it can open them as default when
the program runs. The clipboard is on auto hide to the side of the screen
and available at any moment you need to past. Extremely quick.

This is freeware and has no spyware..etc...so it should be a nice find for
some if interested in this sort of thing.
> Just a thought, but why not keep the information in a file
> and just copy and paste it when needed?
>
> Hope this helps,
> Milt

geek

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

1. I don't normally type in caps, I left the caps on because I sat down to
my computer after my 14 year old, who has non verbal learning disorder, was
using the computer. I didn't want to unlock them because he was getting
right back on. Sorry if this bothered you.

2. I have responded in posts below with a freeware that is excellent if you
so desire.

"joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> 1.) Don't post in all caps -- it is difficult to read, and is
considered
> to be shouting.
> 2.) You need a 3rd party utility to do what you desire
>
> steve
>

> "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> > I HAVE SOME GENERAL ITEMS THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED WITH WORD OR OFFICE THAT
> > HAVE TO FILL IN QUITE OFTEN AND WOULD LIKE TO SAVE INFO TO THE CLIPBOARD
> AND
> > JUST BE ABLE TO PULL THAT UP WHEN EVER I NEED IT. IS POSSIBLE. OR, DO I
> HAVE
> > TO BE WORKING IN A DOCUMENT BEFORE I CAN SEE THE CLIPBOARD?
> >
> > ARE THERE CONTROL KEYS FOR THIS?

geek

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

<EDIT>

past should be paste!

Geek wrote:
> 1. I don't normally type in caps, I left the caps on because I sat
> down to my computer after my 14 year old, who has non verbal learning
> disorder, was using the computer. I didn't want to unlock them
> because he was getting right back on. Sorry if this bothered you.
>
> 2. I have responded in posts below with a freeware that is excellent
> if you so desire.

So it's too much hassle for you to unlock it and lock it again?! That just
shows you're lazy and inconsiderate.

geek

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

1. I had no idea that caps mean shouting.
2. I said that I was sorry. If what I have said bothers you then I will pray
for you. I was being honest.
God Bless.

> Geek wrote:
> > 1. I don't normally type in caps, I left the caps on because I sat
> > down to my computer after my 14 year old, who has non verbal learning
> > disorder, was using the computer. I didn't want to unlock them
> > because he was getting right back on. Sorry if this bothered you.
> >
> > 2. I have responded in posts below with a freeware that is excellent
> > if you so desire.
>
> So it's too much hassle for you to unlock it and lock it again?! That just
> shows you're lazy and inconsiderate.

Thanks for the link..!

> Thanks for the Link, it looks like it can be useful.
>
> "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> > For anyone interested there is freeware called Clip Board Buddy I found
> > here:

http://www.download.com/Clipboard-Buddy/3000-2384-10170486.html?tag=lst-0-3

> > "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > "Squire" <jerrym526@cableone.net> wrote in message
> > copied
> > hit
> Clipbrd.

OFFICE
> > THAT
> > CLIPBOARD
> DO

Ok, now that I have the clipboard buddy..how do you use it? There is no help
file..it just tells me "running"

"NellieBly" <nelliebly@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the link..!
>
> "Squire" <jerrym526@cableone.net> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the Link, it looks like it can be useful.
> >
> > "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> > > For anyone interested there is freeware called Clip Board Buddy I
found
> > > here:

http://www.download.com/Clipboard-Buddy/3000-2384-10170486.html?tag=lst-0-3

> > > "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message

> > > copied
> and
> > > hit
> > Clipbrd.

> OFFICE
> > > THAT
> > > CLIPBOARD
OR,
> > DO

I found it out..after I downloaded it and closed the programs a clipboard
appeared.

This is sooo cool.

> <EDIT>
>
> past should be paste!
>
> "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah, this is good too, thank you! I think clip board buddy takes it a
> step
> > further. It takes files that you create and it can open them as default
> when
> > the program runs. The clipboard is on auto hide to the side of the
screen
> > and available at any moment you need to past. Extremely quick.
> >
> > This is freeware and has no spyware..etc...so it should be a nice find
for
> > some if interested in this sort of thing.
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Just a thought, but why not keep the information in a file
> > > and just copy and paste it when needed?
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Milt

geek

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Yep, it is. Make sure you register for free..it asks for no personal info.
It will give you a handful of new commands to use in the command line box in
the settings after you register by bring up clipboard buddy website. You can
change the wallpaper for the clipboard buddy and some other neat stuff.