Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Laptop around $1000?

Last response: in Video Games
December 29, 2006 3:59:12 PM

i'm looking into getting a laptop but really have never fooled with them

anyone have a certain one that you've gotten recently or know of one that would be good?

main thing is that i dont really know what spec's are good and not good, also what kind of laptop (brand)

the game i'm trying to play is WoW

More about : gaming laptop 1000

December 31, 2006 12:57:46 AM

wow isnt very intensive. you should be able to get something decent for 1K. however, doing 40 man raids on a laptop doesn't work unless you get a VERY nice one. it should work fine for just everyday wandering around and stuff. anyway, you will want at least 1 gb of ram. a mobile processor would be nice. Maybe an AMD Turion X2 would work out well. AT LEAST 128 mb of video memory, but it needs to be at least equivalent to a x800 type speed.
January 3, 2007 8:39:05 PM

Quote:
i'm looking into getting a laptop but really have never fooled with them

anyone have a certain one that you've gotten recently or know of one that would be good?

main thing is that i dont really know what spec's are good and not good, also what kind of laptop (brand)

the game i'm trying to play is WoW

If you're looking for a gaming laptop I suggest Alienware.
www.alienware.com

From there you can customize any specs you want, also making them fit for the amount of money you're going to spend.
I would go for an Intel CPU, now the Intel Core 2 Duo and probbably for an Nvidia Graphics Card, also it'll be good if you have around 1GB in ram as it is important. Regarding the hard disk space it depends what you're going to do with it.
Related resources
January 4, 2007 7:48:24 PM

i put together a dell for a good price

intel core duo 2.00ghz t7200
15.4 sxga display
1gb ram
80gb 7200 HD
256mb ati radeon x1400

all around 1700, this price went up to this because i need xp prof, carrying case, and some other things that were mandetory for work environment

an alien would not fit my work environment, no way i could have chose that product
January 6, 2007 1:08:22 PM

i just got a vgn-fe790 sony vaio about a month ago.

t5500 core 2 duo @ 1.66GHZ performs at 2.49
geforce go 7600
1gb ddr2 ram
60gb hdd
dvd rw
hibrite screen

for 1100 go to build a laptop on there site and choose the fe-790 and upgrade w/e u want.

my laptop plays wow all grpahics max at 1280 x 800 resolution with roughly 70fps at all times. less demanding areas wehre not mayn peopela round will spike over 120

also plays css at 60+frames at all times. GL
January 8, 2007 10:27:55 PM

yea... you dont need a grand to play wow.. i was on one of the top three guilds in gorefiend... (just meaning that we were an intensive raiding guild)... and i raided two times a day depending on who was on... and my laptop held up great... no lag unless due to server (ironforge/ogrimmar) <-- (if u havent played these are main strongholds that most players are... therefore that = server lag....

my specs were pitiful too... here's my 650$ 1.5 year old laptop that ran wow with no problems... (although the graphix werent dazzling...)

Acer Aspire AS1691WLCi
Intel Pentium M 725(1.60GHz)
15.4" Wide XGA
1G
80GB
DVD/CD-RW Combo
Intel GMA900

i know ur staring at my specs and drooling... :roll: hahaha but yea... this was 650 around a year to two years ago and ran wow fine... if you dont like acer aspire series and want to go with

alienware
dell's xps...

those are the top of the line rigs for gaming... however you should realize the name costs more than anything... be smart...

buy low with them as much as possible... for upgradeable parts.. cuz you can save a hundred here a hundred there... especially on parts like ram...

happy huntings =D

jae
mlb
January 9, 2007 1:08:54 AM

Just wait for Dell to release a 30%-40% coupon on there inspiron line.
Google search Dell coupons.

You dont need an xps to game on a laptop.
My Dell 9300 will play every game I own. Just go with the smallest amount of ram (512m) and toss it and put 2gigs in it from the egg. BF2 plays at high setting and looks and plays awesome.
January 9, 2007 1:49:38 AM

If I were you I'd get a Dell E1505 for your budget. Alienware and Dell's XPS is way out of your price range.
http://www.notebookreview.com/
Helpful place to find a good deal on a labtop. I know that they update the Dell coupons every week.
!