Hotmail Breached; Microsoft Now Investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Hotmail, what's that??? That's like oh so 1996? I just forward all my spam from my other e-mail accounts to my hotmail account. Duh? I'm mean these people who are looking for information I'll gladly just forward the spam to them.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]tikrjee[/nom]... as if the huge influx of spam weren't bad enough?Thank you, Gmail![/citation]

I have two hotmail accounts and one Gmail account... Gmail is my main mail supplier and to be honest i find the Spam far more sever in Gmail.

Also i find hotmail easier to read when you get many sent/replies to one email.

It's free, how can anyone complain realy?

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
I heard a similar story like this it had to do with a specific phone and facebook/myspace pages this is an identical scenario not microsofts fault

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]I read* a similar story like this it had to do with a specific phone and facebook/myspace pages this is an identical scenario not microsofts fault[/citation]

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I can honestly say that I've never gotten a single spam message in my Gmail inbox, besides things that I willingly signed up for, like newsletters and stuff

[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]I think people need to stop complaining about services that are provided free of charge "You get what you pay for". 'Nuff said.[/citation]

Couldn't say it better my self.

As for me, i have and like both. They both have there pro's and con's.

salem80

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
Gmail has strong Spam filters
my hotmail account was always crashing until i forget it and change to Gmail account
i hope Googletalke come more popular and have more features Like yahoo messenger and msn messenger

tikrjee

Distinguished
May 26, 2009

I've got two (active) accounts for both services. I prefer the GMail over Hotmail because at least the Spam to the Gmail account actually ends up in the Spam folder. I've lost track of how many times I've had to manually filter through Spam on Homtail.

Don't get me wrong, I love SPAM, it's tasty with a side of rice. And I love the fact that both services are free. I just can't stand the fact that no matter how many times I flag "Fr3e V!agra" as Spam, I still get offers for it in the Inbox. I'm on my 4 & 5th hotmail accounts (one work, one for messenger/XBL), and I'm not going to make another ever (knocks on wood)

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I wonder what is causing this. Maybe it has to do with the way mobile phones aquire their IP or traffic is routed to and from them.

That's a very general statement, but I mean that if 'N' 3G users are dynamically assigned an IP based off of 'X' tower(s) and they disconnect, does the next 'new' connection get that IP?

I don't have an understand as to how the process works, so this is all just uneducated\ignorant speculation.

When you're not "money driven", you're either a retarded or "honor driven".

And since Google and M$ are both companies, I'll stick with the first assumption: "money driven". Now, making GMail and Hotmail "free" is not quite like that. They provide a services using their main company name for it.

If you provide a "lousy" service in the light of your competition at the same price, you're doing it wrong. Since GMail is an awsome service Hotmail can be no less, obviously.

Now... They DO make money from us giving that free service and they ought to improve it too keep it that way. By either feedback/reports or in-house pure R&D.

So, bottom line is: free of charge, doesn't mean they can be lazy about implementing new things. At least on the email service IMO.

Cheers!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]I have two hotmail accounts and one Gmail account... Gmail is my main mail supplier and to be honest i find the Spam far more sever in Gmail.Also i find hotmail easier to read when you get many sent/replies to one email.It's free, how can anyone complain realy?[/citation]
Well yeah, Gmail is much more popular, I thought Hotmail had gone the way of the dinosaur.
Gmail has excellent spam filtering and has worked 100% of the time for me.

lo: if you are on a public computer and the last person to have log on to hotmail hasn't sign out properly:

when you type hotmail.com : you most likely to get directly into the others person hotmail account.

I've seen it happen more than once

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS