Which is Better of these 2 games

amdwarrior

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
I am wonder which is a better game of the 2 Battle field 2 or battle field 2142 I have been playing the demo of 2142 but wanted some feed back on bf 2?

uddeholm

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
BF2. I think the community is more mature and team orientated, as where 2142 has a bunch of kids just running around aimless as to what the goals are. Plus the whole advancing rank takes forever

insan3

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
I agree with uddeholm, when i played BF2, people where always trying to use stragtegies to win, and it was a cool teamwork game. 2142 is just a bunch of fools trying to get their rank up and get one measly kill for themselves, and screwing the whole team over.

SpykerMF1

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
BF2
same as said above about a bunch of kids playing bf2142 and it does feel cheap. I don't own either but play bf2 round a mates at least twice a week and it just feels more fun to play especially now that most the people that can't remember they are playing with real people have moved to 2142. His brother got bf2142 and I've had a few goes on it and although it is still the same graphics engine it felt bland and graphics didn't seem as good to me.

gobbly2100

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Well I think it depends on if you prefer modern warfare or future based warfare.

The way they play is prettyu simila and personaly I prefer BF2 but that is only because I like realistic games more than the futuristic styled ones.

tiger102

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2005
I like BF2 because its realistic. the helicopters and the air planes can be found in the real world, so are the weapons i believe. To me it just looks more realistic.

Where with BF 2145 i think , it just looks too futuralistic and stuff. i didn't really like it that much.

greghouse

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
I agree BF2 is is more interesting becuase it's more realistic and you have to think to win use strategies and all whilst BF 2142 is the furture machines sort of.

BennyB

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
I have both but I’ve not played BF2 since I bought BF2142

Like someone said it depends if you like all the futuristic stuff which I generally don’t, but I got the demo too and then bought the game and it didn’t disappoint. The game play, squad play and the general feel of the game IS better that BF2, the poor network code and hit detection that plagued BF2 has now been fixed.

Yes there are a lot of crazy kids playing it at the moment but it’s a new game so that’s to be expected, BF2 probably has the more mature community but it has it’s fair share of TK’ing kids too, the secret is to find the good BF2142 servers and there ARE a lot of them out there !

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I have both but I’ve not played BF2 since I bought BF2142

Like someone said it depends if you like all the futuristic stuff which I generally don’t, but I got the demo too and then bought the game and it didn’t disappoint. The game play, squad play and the general feel of the game IS better that BF2, the poor network code and hit detection that plagued BF2 has now been fixed.

Yes there are a lot of crazy kids playing it at the moment but it’s a new game so that’s to be expected, BF2 probably has the more mature community but it has it’s fair share of TK’ing kids too, the secret is to find the good BF2142 servers and there ARE a lot of them out there !

I agree with your statement, ive played 500 hours of BF2 and maybe 200 or so of 2142, I havent been playing bf2 since 2142 much, except for TWL stuff.

I think "now" should be replaced with "not" lol, 45 ping on a server and it feels like im still on dial up playing cs 1.6 and team fortress at my parent's place on a P2 400 Mhz MMX beast!

There are still a few bugs from BF2 that are present in 2142, even a few new ones, but they arent that bad, I like seeing dudes with no names above their heads, atleast the PAC and EU's uniforms are so different..

BennyB

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
I have trouble on the Titan maps when my ping is poor but thats all.

Most of the bugs have been ironed out with the last patch although they did introduce one, you can now join your favourite servers even if they are FULL, thats got to be the best bug of all time :lol: