I really need help getting in to my ZT1175 to repair it

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
April 16, 2004 12:28:41 AM

I posted a question over a month ago and never got a reply. I also send an
email to HP and got the same reaction (no reply after that auto-response
email). I am at a loss about what to do.

I am a disabled (through a severe back injury) tech worker. I used to work
on systems doing software configuration for the most part but I also did
hardware repairs whenever necessary. I never worked on HP brand notebooks. I
worked with Toshiba and Dell.

At home, I need to spend the majority of my day in bed or in a special
ergonomic chair. I need my notebook to work from so that I can have it at
those locations. I can only spend a few minutes sitting at this desk at a
time.

I really need to get that thing repaired. It has a loose wire at the power
supply port. It used to intermittently malfunction but giving it a jostle
would solve the problem. Over the last few months, it got worse and worse I
suppose because I moved it several times per day. The first thing I did was
get an inexpensive port replicator. Now that is doing the same thing. I
guess the quality on these machine is not all that great. Still, it is a
nice computer and I was luck to get it about 2 months before I got hurt. Now
I can't even use it and I can't find out who can assist me in getting in
there to repair it. Unless the loose connection is on a printed circuit
board, I am sure I can fix it 5 minutes after the case is opened.

Can anyone point me to any resources that might lead to an answer? Please
help!

Thanks (I hope)

More about : zt1175 repair

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 16, 2004 2:31:29 PM

"Chris" <chrismcreynolds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I posted a question over a month ago and never got a reply. I also
send an
> email to HP and got the same reaction (no reply after that
auto-response
> email). I am at a loss about what to do.
>
> I am a disabled (through a severe back injury) tech worker. I used
to work
> on systems doing software configuration for the most part but I also
did
> hardware repairs whenever necessary. I never worked on HP brand
notebooks. I
> worked with Toshiba and Dell.
>
> At home, I need to spend the majority of my day in bed or in a
special
> ergonomic chair. I need my notebook to work from so that I can have
it at
> those locations. I can only spend a few minutes sitting at this desk
at a
> time.
>
> I really need to get that thing repaired. It has a loose wire at the
power
> supply port. It used to intermittently malfunction but giving it a
jostle
> would solve the problem. Over the last few months, it got worse and
worse I
> suppose because I moved it several times per day. The first thing I
did was
> get an inexpensive port replicator. Now that is doing the same
thing. I
> guess the quality on these machine is not all that great. Still, it
is a
> nice computer and I was luck to get it about 2 months before I got
hurt. Now
> I can't even use it and I can't find out who can assist me in
getting in
> there to repair it. Unless the loose connection is on a printed
circuit
> board, I am sure I can fix it 5 minutes after the case is opened.
>
> Can anyone point me to any resources that might lead to an answer?
Please
> help!
>
> Thanks (I hope)

Bottom Line Call from the telephone book under computer repairs or
call CompUSA or Circuit City or any small computer shop and have them
come and pick it up and fix it and then return it.

Elector
!