Splash screen removal

Shell

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

I have a Packard Bell pc and on bootup I get the annoying purple PB splash
screen. There's nothing in Startup. How can I get rid of it?

TIA

As Mark has stated (Hi Mark!, nice to see you again), you need to disable
this in the system BIOS. It may help to hit <escape> as that annoying splash
screen appears. Look then for a line that reads "press <anykey> to enter
setup". This <anykey>, as Mark mentioned, can be delete, F1, F2, etc. This
is what you need to do to get in.

Once you're in, look for a line, usually on the advanced sections, about
displaying boot time diagnostics. It is likely disabled, and you want to
enable it. Then, look to the bottom for the F key that allows you to "save
changes and exit", generally F10 in most BIOS's. The machine will reboot
after you indicate 'yes'.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"Shell" <starchimes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Packard Bell pc and on bootup I get the annoying purple PB splash
> screen. There's nothing in Startup. How can I get rid of it?
>
> TIA

Go into the bios settings and turn it off

To get into the bios press F1 or F2 or DEL, it varies from model to model,
as the machine is booting up.

Regards
Mark Dormer