casey

I have read a www.autodesk.com artilce that explains
using the msconfig diagnostic option to get around an
install issue on XP. IT ststed to disable just about
everything except windows installer. However, when I do
this I have no clue what the windows installer is
supposed to look like. They say that it is supposed to bo
on the system tab but I can't make heads os tails of what
I am seeing. I tried the clean boot instructions in the
knowledge base which stated I could manually start the
service through the mmc, however, these options are
greyed out. Can anyone tell me what box to place the
check mark in to load windows installer service in
diagnostic mode? Ans also a good article that explains
the rest of what I am seeing. Thanks

Hi,

Just selecting diagnostic mode on the general tab will disable everything
non-essential. Click apply/ok and reboot, retry the installation.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone