Problem deleting a file in Favorites Folder

I am trying to delete a file from my Favorites folder. When I try to delete
it, I get an error message message entitled "Error Deleting File or Folder."
It says "Cannot Delete xxx" "Cannot find specified file...make sure you
specify correct path and file name."

Is there anyway to delete this unwanted file?

Thanks in advance, Fran
5 answers Last reply
More about problem deleting file favorites folder

    Fran:

    What type of file is it? And if you click on it, will it
    still take you to its location (ie URL, etc)?

    Mick, it looks like an internet shortcut file. When I click on it...nothing
    happens.
    Thanks, Fran

    "Mick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Fran:
    >
    > What type of file is it? And if you click on it, will it
    > still take you to its location (ie URL, etc)?

    Hi Fran:

    Ok, try this:
    1) Determine where your "Favorites" folder is located (if
    you have trouble finding it, do a "Search" on "Favorites"
    and find out its location that way)
    2) Go to that location and open the Favorites folder, and
    try deleting the file that way.

    Lemme know if this works - if not, we can try another way.

    Fran, that last post was from me, not someone
    who's "butted in"...

    Mick

    I tried this and then tried it again...nope...will not let me delete. Any
    other suggestions are welcome. Fran

    > Fran, that last post was from me, not someone
    > who's "butted in"...
    >
    > Mick

Microsoft Favorites Windows XP