Problem deleting a file in Favorites Folder

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Favorites
  • Windows XP
June 18, 2004 9:50:43 PM

I am trying to delete a file from my Favorites folder. When I try to delete
it, I get an error message message entitled "Error Deleting File or Folder."
It says "Cannot Delete xxx" "Cannot find specified file...make sure you
specify correct path and file name."

Is there anyway to delete this unwanted file?

Thanks in advance, Fran

More about : problem deleting file favorites folder

June 18, 2004 9:50:44 PM

Fran:

What type of file is it? And if you click on it, will it
still take you to its location (ie URL, etc)?

June 19, 2004 1:05:10 AM

Mick, it looks like an internet shortcut file. When I click on it...nothing
happens.
Thanks, Fran

"Mick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Fran:
>
> What type of file is it? And if you click on it, will it
> still take you to its location (ie URL, etc)?

June 19, 2004 1:05:11 AM

Hi Fran:

Ok, try this:
1) Determine where your "Favorites" folder is located (if
you have trouble finding it, do a "Search" on "Favorites"
and find out its location that way)
2) Go to that location and open the Favorites folder, and
try deleting the file that way.

Lemme know if this works - if not, we can try another way.

June 19, 2004 5:23:38 AM

Fran, that last post was from me, not someone
who's "butted in"...

Mick

June 20, 2004 6:06:51 PM

I tried this and then tried it again...nope...will not let me delete. Any
other suggestions are welcome. Fran

!