Asus P4T533-c, not starting up

xj4wheeler

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2002
Just put together my new Asus P4T533C board w/ 2.26 P4. However I had already purchased some (2)Kingston ECC 1066 Rambus chips, when I realized that Samsung was the only one that had been tested with this board. Is anyone else using something other than Samsung memory with this board? When I power it up it just gives a long beep then a short one, continuously. If its not the memory then what?

Thanks I wanna get this demon going

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Means one of three things,
You forgot to take off your socks amd strap on a staic band and now your stick is fired.

or

You ram is not seated right.

or

You have a bad stick of ram to begin with.

I woould also check all you pheriphials make sure the set right, possible just put in a small chip of ram and a video card see if it boots up. Check that you CPU fan is operation too.

Check back

-Tim

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually that board will work with that RAM if you change your memory multiplier from "Auto" to "4x". And the memory is actually a higher speed grade than most of the Samsung out there. The fact that you can't even enter BIOS would indicate something else is wrong. Make sure you don't have any extra mounting post grounding the board, then unhook the drive data cables and see if it boots.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

Lysd3xic

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
I have the same MB and have 2 x Kingston 256MB 1066 ECC and having some problems but not the ones experienced by you. When running CPU/PCI at 133/33 and when installing Windows XP I will get the glorious page_fault_in_non_page_area error message. This is even after manually setting the Bios to 4xAGP etc etc (latest bios used too, 1005.003). What I have done to get the build to work is to reduce the CPU/PCI to 100/33 and this gets the memory to work but since I have a 2.533 P4 and 1066 is a complete waste. I would be interested to hear from anyone else who is having trouble with Kingston 1066 on the P4T533-c.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Did you also set the MEMORY multiplier to 4x instead of auto? I've spoken to several people with this configuration that have had no problems with the memory set to 4x instead of Auto. If that doesn't help, make sure your voltages are high enough.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>