Felipe

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Virus: w32.netsky.p.dam got attached to one of my files
in C:document and settings\felipe\localsetting.

How do I get into safe mode or other to separate virus
from file? By doing so, I can then run Norton anti=virus
and eliminate this worm.

Or is there another method ?

There is a very helpful virus removal newsgroup you may wish to post to:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

Virus Removal Tools
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

Online Virus Removal Tutorials
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/virusremoval/virusremoval_info_tutorial.html

3 Steps to Help Insure Your PC is Protected

Frequently Asked Questions About Antivirus Software
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/antivirus.asp

HOW TO: Enable or Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283673&Product=winxp

Special note if you use AOL:

America Online installs its own connection settings that override
the ones that come with Windows XP. America Online's
connection settings don't include a way to turn on Windows XP's
built-in firewall.

Visit the following web site for instructions on downloading
a FREE firewall program for your computer.

Ref: http://www.updatexp.com/free.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP