Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Bye Bye PC, Just Got PS3

Last response: in Video Games
December 30, 2006 3:28:21 AM

My one year old 939 mobo just died so I went out and picked up a C2D E6300, 2GB of PC6400 ram and the cheapest Gigabyte dp3 775 board. Total came to almost $650 and that's with recycling everything else.

Then I saw a demo of PS3 and was thinking why build computers anymore, this thing is a beast and only cost $600 and it can play Blu Ray movies on my home theatre.

I have been through PS1, PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360 and have never been swayed to the console camp. I picked up the PS3 as a Blu Ray movie player but now I coulnd't think of a reason to play games on PC and spend money upgrading my PC anymore.

15 years building PCs, I had my fun but the time has come to jump ship. I'll still keep my PC to play Command and Conquer 3 and Supreme Commander but that's it. I'm done with PC gaming as of now.

More about : bye bye ps3

December 30, 2006 3:30:18 AM

And you posted this in the cpu section because...?
December 30, 2006 3:32:10 AM

Don't forget that $1000+ HDTV!!

*waves bye*
Related resources
December 30, 2006 3:33:08 AM

so you offically have more money then sense.

1. Buy a wii there better
2. with left over money buy a pc upgrade.

PS3 is a waste of money
December 30, 2006 3:36:53 AM

LOL have fun playing RTS games on a CONSOLE and dont to mention the computer can do way more complex things then can the consoles, Can u get mods for Oblivion on the Xbox360? can you upgrade you console so it runs better? Have fun trying to post on THG about your console games seeing as they DONT HAVE ANY INTERNET(by internet i mean webrowsing not stupid xbox live_
December 30, 2006 3:40:33 AM

Quote:

PS3 is a waste of money

The Blu Ray player on the PS3 alone justifies the purchase price, if you have a home theatre.

Frankly, pc upgrading just isn't as fun as before. I can now overclock my E6300 from 1.8GHZ to 2.8GHZ without breaking a sweat. I didn't even try higher FSB because the thrill is not there anymore, for some reason.

Back in the days where you overclocked P166 to 272MHZ, or Celeron 300A to over 500MHZ, that was fun.

I just wish my AMD 3000+ hasn't died that I didn't need to spend the $650 to upgrade to C2D.
December 30, 2006 4:19:04 AM

and you post this in a Computer Geek Forum because???

if your looking for congrats go to a Console Forum....only thing here you will get is us (most of us anyways) telling you , you just wasted 600 dollars

EDIT- Seriously...i horribly dout Blue Ray takes off, lets take a look at Sonys Failers in the Media area, betamax,min disks,umds,and those small memory cards that the only thing that uses them is the PSP and Sony products....yea im gonna go and trust the blue ray to take off ._.

and if it does im sure you can get a player for the computer for like...200 when it comes out meaning it will be like 100 by the years end..you can already do so with an HD-DVD player
December 30, 2006 4:32:05 AM

So you went and got a PS3, I give you My Condolences.

On the other hand, it was nice of you to help sony out with possibly the biggest failure in their history. :lol: 
December 30, 2006 4:45:25 AM

That's a shame as you could have had a more powerful gaming machine for $400 had you gone with Microsoft's product.
December 30, 2006 4:50:45 AM

hey im with you man i would quit playing computer games if i played command and conquer also. :roll:
December 30, 2006 4:58:46 AM

I love the slams...however I think its an interesting decision. I've been a PC gamer my entire life. Yet I'm a linux/unix geek, not a windows fan. Using Vista since summer & A mac for the last 2 years, I cannot justify spending $350 on an operating system that looks an awful lot like Mac's OSX.

I love the arguments too. Lets see, Mac's suck, linux sucks, Mac's can't do what a pc can do, hmmm, one of my favorites. You can't upgrade a console. Ironically thats one of the major benefits. You don't NEED to upgrade your console to run the latest games.

Neither Consoles, Pc's, or Mac's are better. Its personal choice. I find myself moving away from giving mickey-soft money for the opportunity to beta-test their software. My complaints on consoles - they aren't great for 1st person shooters. I'm used to a keyboard/mouse setup. NOT two wiggly joystick thumb buttons. Its awkward. Yet I realize its what I'm used to - that can be an advantage or disadvantage.

I enjoy the argument "You can do so much more with a PC" Yeah, for more money. Lets see. Photoshop CS - $899, MS Office - $450, Games averaging $49 a pop - Online games $49 + $10-20 a month (???) Yeah, you can do more after shelling out more. Plus a system optimized for games isn't optimized for MS office or Photoshop or vice versa.

I picked up Splinter Cell/Double Agent - Needed a new video card. That cost me another $250. The problem with the PC, sometimes you are required to buy new hardware to run the latest games. You will be forced to fork over several hundred dollars for a new operating system every few years. If you don't upgrade your system every 2-3 years everyone laughs at you.

Console - doesn't need upgrading, its usually several years before a new version is out, not every two. In some cases you can get free online gaming (PS3?)

Mac - Its not a gaming platform. Works good for other stuff, just not good for games. Its different enough that windows people hate it. I know after 14 years in the pc world, getting a mac seemed an odd decision. Yet I do everything online, email, internet, etc. with it. The PC I have to reboot all the time, the mac just keeps on plugging away.

So this will probably add fuel to the flame war, not that I care. Its a choice. Just wait till everyone experiences the limitations of the DRM in vista - yeah that'll be a fun sideshow to watch. Its a personal choice so don't let others judge your choices. (ducking from the flame war) Enjoy your PS3, I'm waiting for a wii personally.
December 30, 2006 5:07:43 AM

I have an XBOX, PS2, PSP, and 3 PCs.

I game on all three (not at the same time, though).

Yes, it's a personal choice, but it's a stupid choice to come to a CPU forum and say that a PS3 is a better choice over a PC. Sure, it might be to the OP, but really...is it? Yes, it's all great and all, but you don't get the best quality unless you have a 1080i/p HDTV, with HDMI, then you need the HDMI cables for the PS3 to get full potential from BLU-RAY, which still hasn't really caught on (neither has HD-DVD).

I would like to get an XBOX 360 (mostly cause it has a large library of games and for GOW and Halo 3) and I would love to get a Wii (cause when I tired playing the tennis game, even with so-so graphics, it was a blast).

Seriously...why would anyone want to come to a PC/CPU forum to tout a PS3? That's almost asking for flames, no matter what kind of DVD drive it has, $600 is way too much for a console, IMO.
December 30, 2006 5:26:42 AM

I have a vested interest in the high-def format "war" because I own an Xbox 360 with HD-DVD drive and have no plans on buying the PS3. If I did, I would need to be much richer than I am and it would only be if I couldn't find a number of good movies on HD-DVD, and its primary use would be Blu-Ray player.
December 30, 2006 5:31:07 AM

me and my son bought 1 of the 7 ps3 that were availiable in our small town, since nov. 17.

paided 700 bucks 60 gigs, and resistence:fall of man looks awesome even on our 480i TV. so im gonna wait a quarter for the hdtv to decline in price for the summer rush.

Carbon is fun also, but im a true pcfreak.

and xbox 360, wii, are far behind the ps3 veryfar behind.
if ya dont have 1, then ya dont know.
December 30, 2006 5:47:39 AM

While I understand you're "vested" status, since you have purchased the HD-DVD drive to go with your XBOX 360 (which by the way, works with a PC). I still would rather sit on the sidelines and wait for a clear cut "winner". I hate seeing this VHS/BetaMax crap again (as mentioned by Jack).

I usually buy consoles a year or two out, since I really just play sports games on them, since EA (who owns the only football franchise) doesn't seem to care about PC sports games anymore...hell, I update my Madden 2005 with new rosters, since the 2006 version was just not worth the money. I think sports games are much easier on the console, too.

@ Naw-yi - Glad you and your son love the PS3. That's cool. But I don't need 1 to know that I don't really want 1. Resistence: Fall of Man is, so far, the only PS3 only title that has garnered any really decent reviews. Even some friends who have the PS3 said that it's the only game they bought for their PS3. As for playing on a 480i TV, I really don't know about that with a PS3. Most of the people I know that have a PS3 are running 46+ inch DLP/LCD flat/projection/projector type monitor/displays.

As for the XBOX 360 and Wii being very far behind...in what? Price? Yes. Games? No. Availablity? No. Graphics? Maybe. But what exactly is the PS3 ahead in?
December 30, 2006 5:58:29 AM

Ehh I find Wii and Xbox 360 much more fun then PS3.. Plus the PS3's textures kinda seemed washed out in some games, and it really is not worth the 600 premium IMO, I think Sony just got way too arrogant with it. Even still, PC FTW!
December 30, 2006 6:11:50 AM

Quote:
I, personally, have a difficult time committing a purchasing decision based on the HD format as the performance of this technology roll out has been utterly abysmal. Won't get into a HD vs Blu-Ray debate, I don't really care I just wish one would win and get it over once and for all....

Don't pay any attention to HD DVD and Blu-Ray Jack. Holographic DVD is coming, and fast. HD DVD and Blu-Ray will be going the way of beta max.
December 30, 2006 6:12:46 AM

Quote:
Back in the days where you overclocked P166 to 272MHZ, or Celeron 300A to over 500MHZ, that was fun.

Overclock that E6300 to 3.5GHz+ :D 

Everyone has their own personal opinion, but I PC gaming the best... :) 

Oh and by the way...
A medium/high end PC can play all new games after 3-4 years of you buying it...
New PC = Game details maxed out (more or less)
1-2 years = Medium details
3-4 years = Minimum details

So there is no "no upgrade" argument for the console in my opinion.
December 30, 2006 6:25:53 AM

Quote:
LOL have fun playing RTS games on a CONSOLE and dont to mention the computer can do way more complex things then can the consoles, Can u get mods for Oblivion on the Xbox360? can you upgrade you console so it runs better? Have fun trying to post on THG about your console games seeing as they DONT HAVE ANY INTERNET(by internet i mean webrowsing not stupid xbox live_

Actually there's a flavor of linux running on PS3 and Sony is even unofficially supporting it (in the linux sense, not the idiotic handholding windows newbs need). That can browse the internet.
December 30, 2006 6:40:13 AM

The PS3 is not "far ahead of the Xbox 360 and Wii." That's just silly. I would also like to point out that by this time next year, there will have been far more Xbox 360 and Wii units sold than PS3s. Indeed, the 360 has the year's head start, but the -only- reason to buy the PS3 over the Xbox 360 is for the built-in Blu-Ray drive, but then the argument can be made that the 360 HD-DVD drive can be used with PCs as well. Even some previously Playstation only titles are going to or rumored to be going to the Xbox 360.

And neither of them have Wii Sports.
December 30, 2006 7:33:38 AM

"You can't upgrade a console. Ironically thats one of the major benefits. You don't NEED to upgrade your console to run the latest games"

ermm this is true but also not true look at the caps between consoles thy are not as big as you think so yes you dont need to upgrade but you do need to buy the latest console and everytime they come out they are overpriced and die out in a year or 2, that is why the wii is appealing its cheap and is pack compatible.

The ps3 wont even play all ps2 and ps1 games lol only some thats weak tbh
December 30, 2006 7:39:24 AM

and i love the guy at the top saying its worth the price as blue ray player is included,

well how about

1. Blueray might not even happen
2. Price only so high as sony made it so high to make more money
3. Price will be dirt cheap in a year or so dont you remember dvd?, i think a samsung dvd player is like 40 quid noe maybe less
December 30, 2006 8:12:50 AM

I agree with cozwin. All those ps3 fanboys are crying out how "cheap" it is to have a bluray player for only "600$". Face it or not, but i'm SURE a bluray player for pc will come down to about 30 bucks in 3 years from now.
why? if they keep on asking 600 bucks for them they will NEVER sell enough players to get a decent market share comparing to DVD (and later HD-DVD)
(that's called economics :wink: )
December 30, 2006 8:27:14 AM

Quote:
My one year old 939 mobo just died so I went out and picked up a C2D E6300, 2GB of PC6400 ram and the cheapest Gigabyte dp3 775 board. Total came to almost $650 and that's with recycling everything else.

Then I saw a demo of PS3 and was thinking why build computers anymore, this thing is a beast and only cost $600 and it can play Blu Ray movies on my home theatre.

I have been through PS1, PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360 and have never been swayed to the console camp. I picked up the PS3 as a Blu Ray movie player but now I coulnd't think of a reason to play games on PC and spend money upgrading my PC anymore.

15 years building PCs, I had my fun but the time has come to jump ship. I'll still keep my PC to play Command and Conquer 3 and Supreme Commander but that's it. I'm done with PC gaming as of now.

Can not argue with that, But how are you gonna post in these fourms on a console :wink:
December 30, 2006 9:17:32 AM

If console could be upgraded I would be going for them.

But a computer can always be upgraded. That even if the motherboard cpu and ram.

One more thing I like about desktop/Laptops is I can try the latest bata verson of the game and get a basic idea on how it plays then buy it. Not sure about the new consoles. I stop useing them after SNES.

Now console games had a bad history. Like SNES cant run on 360 and so on. I heard some of the ps2 games my not work for ps3.

But the thing about computers is you can always play the older games. Even if you have a dual boot. Even if the game 20 years old. Mybe to bring back old memorys and such?

Now Mac. There not game machines But in the last year. They started useing Core 2 and letting dual boot so it can Run Windows so ya it can be setup to play games.

I will not say which is the best as console vs computers. For console seems to run very good for a few years then it shows it age in grapics and such. Same with computers.

Price and such. The game for xbox 360 and ps2 ps3. Seem to be price $10 to $20 more for the same game that runs on a pc. It could be kids buy console games more then pcs games. It like printers. Printers are cheap but Ink is high price.

Now hard drive space. 60gb seems kinda limited. I would of love to seen 100gb or higher.
December 30, 2006 10:01:01 AM

Quote:
I have been through PS1, PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360 and have never been swayed to the console camp.

You don't see the irony in that statement? Didn't know there were trolls on this forum.
December 30, 2006 10:46:32 AM

Quote:

CPU section gets the most attention in the Forumz.
December 30, 2006 11:38:13 AM

Quote:

CPU section gets the most attention in the Forumz.

no way, that's a rumor.

:lol: 
December 30, 2006 11:51:43 AM

PS3 may be good but it will never run the Virtual Machines I use as a laboritory to diagnose and plan an Active Directory implementation.

Not everyone uses their PC's just for games. PS3 will kill the PC for gaming power at a price point for a while then as with PS2 the PC will surpass it.

Consoles will not, in the near future, if ever, replace the PC as the do all hardware device, period. Try creating a resume with your PS3 or writing some software.

Anyone want to argue that point?
December 30, 2006 12:50:23 PM

I was just thinking about this last night at work (@ Best Buy) when some guy and his kid came to me asking why the latest PC games wouldn't run on their PC. Of course the Dad wasn't happy to hear that he'd need to spend atleast $150(video card) to play the game he wanted and that would only last him a few months before he'd need to upgrade again. He kept complaining, saying it was ridiculas and BS that he had to spend so much to play game, so I eventually just recommended he buy a XBox 360. I however was kinda annoyed by this guys complaints and his feeling that PC gaming should be cheap so everybody can do it. My personal feeling is that PC gaming is a hobby that I liken to golf (both of which I do). If you really want to enjoy it it's going to cost time and money. Think about how much money people spend on golf; Expensive clubs, special shoes and clothes, the cost of all the balls you'll most likely lose and of course the $50 - $100 (or more) you'll pay EACH time you play. And even after all that most golfers spend a lot of time on the course frustrated and pissed off because they're not playing well. Yet through all that people who love to golf will continue to do so. That's the way I view PC gaming. Ill spend all kinds of money to keep my system current, plus the cost of games and monthly subscripitions if necessary, and I'll probably get frustrated configuring my games to play properly. However in the end I'll be happy knowing I have the ability to play any type of game at it's highest level of play (not to menton every other cool thing my PC can do that consoles can't) and I won't even care about the cost. I know there's no way a console could satisfy me after what I'm used to on a PC. I'm glad that consoles are there for all those who just want the occasional gaming enjoyment. But for me consoles aren't even able to play (or are barely competent) most the games I play. RTS, FPS, MMORPG, and simulations on consoles are a joke at best. If I only played action/adventure and sports games (all of which my pc does just fine) a console might work, but I don't.
December 30, 2006 12:51:06 PM

Quote:

2. Price only so high as sony made it so high to make more money

Not entirely true, Sony is losing between $200-$300 on every PS3 they sell currently to keep the price...well I'd say low but thats a lie..umm less high then :p ...I know M$ do this too but at release they were losing about $75 on every 360 where as now they make about that much on each one since the hardware is slightly cheaper to produce now (Nintendo on the other hand has been making a slight profit from release of the Wii...I love Nintendo ^_^)

That being said I'm not for console or PC gaming I'm a gamer always have been always will be and have always played on PC's and consoles, they both offer something different and unique for gaming some people like one some people like the other, no one is right it's just preference, I'd personally hate to not be able to play wonderful console games like Katamari Damacy or Rayman Raving Rabbids or wonderful PC games like Planescape or Civilisation (just to grab some random names for both)

Although as far as the general use arguement goes, no I can't ever see consoles replacing PC's...the whole point of the console was a simple device that was purely dedicated to gaming
December 30, 2006 1:18:54 PM

Nice analogy, especially since I am a golfer. And yes, I have spent more than 2 PS3s on my golfing stuff, and I still suck. LOL

I am like you. I like to game, but I am not going to pay such a high premium for a gaming console, no matter what new technology (HD, Blu-ray, etc) is involved.

As for Sony losing money...well, tough sh*t. They didn't have to put a Blu-ray in the PS3, but they did, in the hopes of winning the HD format war. That's their decision. Plus, Nintendo's Wii has been killing the PS3 so much that there is a site that caters for the trading of Wiis for PS3s, some are even straight up trades with no cash compensation. That's pretty insane. $600 console for a $250 console?!? Damn!
December 30, 2006 1:23:09 PM

Golf is not a sport, there's no defence :lol: 
December 30, 2006 1:38:14 PM

Welcome aboard mate! I got my PS3 last week and I am sure enjoying. I share your feeling about constant spending money on pc parts. I have to say I am glad Sony made this thing. Hopefully, I will be able to go cold-turkey with my pc and not play games or visit anymore tech sites like THG or Anandtech. Wish me luck.
December 30, 2006 1:39:43 PM

Quote:

PS3 is a waste of money

Sir, you obviously don't have or never have played a PS3 in person.
December 30, 2006 1:41:29 PM

Quote:

Sir, obviously you definitely don't have or know anyone with a PS3.
December 30, 2006 1:42:34 PM

PS3 doesnt even have any good games for it yet. Wait a year and it will cost less and there will be something worth playing on it. You have to be a complete noob to think that the PS3 is worth it just because of the Blu Ray, which for people without HD TV's is totally useless.

if I had $600 I would not waste it on a PS3. Far more decent titles on the PC and so what if my PC doesnt have a blu ray or a cell processor, it does the job and i'm happy. Graphics and disc format are important, but since the current PS3 titles dont take advantage of it yet, its just a big waste!
December 30, 2006 2:19:28 PM

I would buy one for the Blu-Ray player alone considering that it also deliver the best quality as well. Your comment about the drive being cheap for the PC doesn't really work for me. To this day PC's can't display normal DVD on par with standalone players. Why would you think this will improve with HD and Blu-Ray?

On the other hand I think both format will have a short shelf life. Physical media is on the way out. In 10 year most people will download their movies.
December 30, 2006 2:50:51 PM

I just bough a dreamcast with 10 games off ebay for $40! hahaha

Now...

Stop bashing PS3 and ppl who bought them. The paid the price for new technology and not you. All game systems are hyped before launch. I realy think bashing of any sorts on a PS3 should be done after 1 year has passed to see IF the system can progress. Just for the fact people bought PS3s will make blueray survive and move on forward. Nothing is wrong with buying a PS3 if you got the money, hell you got ps2 game you can play on it :roll: . Games will determine the outcome and not the graphics, which we know xbox360 and PS3 can do realy well in.
December 30, 2006 2:56:03 PM

Quote:
I just bough a dreamcast with 10 games off ebay for $40! hahaha

Now...

Stop bashing PS3 and ppl who bought them. The paid the price for new technology and not you. All game systems are hyped before launch. I realy think bashing of any sorts on a PS3 should be done after 1 year has passed to see IF the system can progress. Just for the fact people bought PS3s will make blueray survive and move on forward. Nothing is wrong with buying a PS3 if you got the money, hell you got ps2 game you can play on it :roll: . Games will determine the outcome and not the graphics, which we know xbox360 and PS3 can do realy well in.

LMAO since when is a 7800GTX equivalent new technology? I would say my 8800GTX is new technology :wink:

New gaming technology as in a PS2 did not have a processor close to 7800gtx. Please dont mix PCs with gaming consoles... Obvious
December 30, 2006 3:29:05 PM

Quote:
I, personally, have a difficult time committing a purchasing decision based on the HD format as the performance of this technology roll out has been utterly abysmal. Won't get into a HD vs Blu-Ray debate, I don't really care I just wish one would win and get it over once and for all....

Don't pay any attention to HD DVD and Blu-Ray Jack. Holographic DVD is coming, and fast. HD DVD and Blu-Ray will be going the way of beta max.

I have heard rumors.... fankly, I don't care, I just want minimum 1080i to watch Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark. I barrowed an HD drive for the 360 and watch King Kong in 1080i on my HT projector setup. Jaw dropping.

@ The Industry - For goodness sake stop bickering and the money hording and just choose damn it. Then I can finally go all HD. Damn.

Agreed.
December 30, 2006 3:46:49 PM

Quote:
If console could be upgraded I would be going for them.

But a computer can always be upgraded. That even if the motherboard cpu and ram.

PC is not that upgradable if you want to stay on top. Out of the 10 or so upgrades I've done on my own PC over the last ten years, I might be able to port the ram over 2 times, reuse the mobo 2 times. Every other times is a brand new ram+cpu+mobo at the minimum.

The last three upgrade I've done:

P4+DDR RAM+478 MOBO>Venice+DDR RAM+939MOBO>C2D+DDR2 RAM+775MOBO.

DDR3 is coming out so next time it's gonna be a new mobo+DDR3 ram+new cpu.
December 30, 2006 3:51:41 PM

Quote:
you do realise he is referring to the gfx proc of the ps3 which is supplied by nvidia, right. it is at best equal to a 7800gtx but more likely AFAIK a 7800gt.

I thought I saw something that said, at first, nVidia said it was a little less powerful than a 7800GTX, but then retracted that and said it was more powerful.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9132/PlayStation-3-GPU-More-Powerful-than-GeForce-7800/

Nevertheless, still doesn't hold a candle to something like an 8800.
December 30, 2006 5:17:40 PM

That is great! You got a PS3! I wonder if you got the one I took back? I am an avid PC gamer, but I use to be a console junkie. I have a long list of console that I have owned and I argued this same point when Dreamcast was first released. It was the first console I had that supported online browsing and online gaming. I bragged to all my PC buddies that I could do everything with my Dreamcast, that they could do with there higher priced PC. Well, that lasted about 3 months until i got a GOOD PC and saw the light. Don't get me wrong, some console's (Dreamcast and PS2) are worth there weight in gold. But a PS3 is not one of them. I bought a PS3 the second week it was available. But luckly before I made the decision to open it (I bought it to sell it, but once it was in my hand that Blue-ray player starting talking to me.), I heard about all the problems and I read about and did alot of research on the HD-DVD vs Blue-ray format war. Those factors told me that I needed to get rid of that POS... oops I mean PS3 before it was to late. Tried selling it on e-bay for what i had paid for it and guess what, no-one wanted the junk. So luckly I was able to take it back.

Anyway, in a year or so i will make my decision on what console I will be investing my money in. I love football and racing games on consoles, so I know a new console is in my future. But, the way it is looking right now, the XBOX 360 is in my future because of Forza, Halo 3 and the GOW series. PS3 will never have any of those games and in my opnion, without them and the fact that it is using the Blue-ray format, the PS3 does not have a fighting chance in hell to survive. Maybe $ONY will not screw up on the PS4.... maybe. :D 
December 30, 2006 5:27:15 PM

Quote:
LOL I love the way you guys always take the bait of a troll. :lol:  They come in, make there one post, then sit back and laugh at all the mayhem that they caused. :roll:

Mayhem?

Console gaming has come a long way, and this post has stirred-up some interesting debate. And there's been more congenial debate than mayhem this time, I think. Of course I am a PC fanbuoy (it floats my boat), and my sons get the consoles, so I try them out. A Wii is a lot of fun.

True most of the readers here are PC based, and it is partly questionable why the OP places his post here.

Likely the OP will put his broken PC in the closet, then pull it out later (after the anger subsides) and start tinkering with it again.

I hope he does.
December 30, 2006 5:28:02 PM

Quote:

PS3 is a waste of money

Agree.

Proof here!

That made me laugh :D :D :D :D :D :D 
December 30, 2006 6:12:33 PM

Well, ill post my thoughts on this,

i have played on a ps1,ps2, i had played Grand turismo 1, 2 , 3 for hours really hours, like half a day every day messing around with car setups,well other then that it was both fun and boring ;-),

the 'Xbox' to me is like a stranger,plus the games i know of are on the 'Playstation', the 'raceing' games on xbox , i prefer grand turismo on the play station since it gives freedom to mess around and choose hundreds of cars,

Also i know 'Metal gear solid' , that was fun and it was like you were watching a movie, so i actually enjoyed that,

apart from that, i don't really care if the xboxs graphics card can render stuff better than the ps3's the xbox is a stranger.

Plus i would love to play grand turismo 5 on the ps3,race against others online prehaps with there own brought car ;-).

the play station has been around longer then the xbox, i think the raceing games on xbox is boring, i prefer grand turismo over them, because i like to mess around with hundreds of cars.

apart from the hardware side, yea it has enough grunt.....but you would have to have a 'HD' Tv -_-..........to make those graphics project the shiny stuff better,

prehaps the ps3 can be connected to a flat panel 'pc' monitor prehaps?

so i grew up 'playing with the play station' , so thats how i feel, and i am aware of the 'big titles' on the play station,plus i am used to the play station
controller despite its size,its big enough , the xboxs feels rather big....
December 30, 2006 6:31:08 PM

Quote:
you do realise he is referring to the gfx proc of the ps3 which is supplied by nvidia, right. it is at best equal to a 7800gtx but more likely AFAIK a 7800gt.
Yeah, because the lower memory bandwidth and fewer ROPS.
December 30, 2006 6:34:05 PM

Well my bodys 'dad' did not want to pay for a over £700 e6300,2gb ram,x1950xt 256mb sapphire etc,etc,, bleh, plus this operateing system called windows is blatantly designed to get people to upgrade when it basicly does the same stuff.
December 30, 2006 6:37:25 PM

Quote:
Well, ill post my thoughts on this,

i have played on a ps1,ps2, i had played Grand turismo 1, 2 , 3 for hours really hours, like half a day every day messing around with car setups,well other then that it was both fun and boring ;-),

the 'Xbox' to me is like a stranger,plus the games i know of are on the 'Playstation', the 'raceing' games on xbox , i prefer grand turismo on the play station since it gives freedom to mess around and choose hundreds of cars,

Also i know 'Metal gear solid' , that was fun and it was like you were watching a movie, so i actually enjoyed that,

apart from that, i don't really care if the xboxs graphics card can render stuff better than the ps3's the xbox is a stranger.

Plus i would love to play grand turismo 5 on the ps3,race against others online prehaps with there own brought car ;-).

the play station has been around longer then the xbox, i think the raceing games on xbox is boring, i prefer grand turismo over them, because i like to mess around with hundreds of cars.

apart from the hardware side, yea it has enough grunt.....but you would have to have a 'HD' Tv -_-..........to make those graphics project the shiny stuff better,

prehaps the ps3 can be connected to a flat panel 'pc' monitor prehaps?

so i grew up 'playing with the play station' , so thats how i feel, and i am aware of the 'big titles' on the play station,plus i am used to the play station
controller despite its size,its big enough , the xboxs feels rather big....

Next time if i were you i'd make a better arguement, you just keep repeating the same thing OVER AND OVER.
    • 1 / 6
    • More pages
    • Next
    • Newest
!