ge2x

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
ok, i know this isnt nwn 2 forum but i would be very grateful if u could help me.
heres the situation: after the githiyanki kidnapped Shandra i followed them into Ember where they had an ambush waiting for me. i killed all of them and then Bishop should have spoken with me however he just came up to me, the dialog window popped up and closed before i could even start the conversation. this could have been a bug or my fault but the point is - i'm stuck in Ember now. could someone plz send me the ROS-bishop.ros file from your save directory (ROS-bishop.ros) if u have saved the game just before the githiyankee ambush or just after... i'd be very grateful!

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
So you saved after it bugged out? I don't think anyone else's save will help you since it would include all their character data and quests they've completed, etc. They'd have to play with the same character making the same decisions you did for the save to work for you.

If you haven't yet, download the latest patches. There have been many game-breaking bugs reported from the original release. You may have experienced one.

A word of advice, always save before any important battle or conversation and at least every thirty minutes in between. Also keep a few old saves (at least five in my experience) in case you did something wrong a few saves earlier. You shouldn't have any lasting problems if your prepared to deal with them.

ge2x

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
yep i saved after it bugged out and went to check out the game guide in case i did something wrong and read that Bishop has to talk to me but he just didnt.
i dont need the whole save, i just ned the character file ROS-bishop.ros just before he had to talk to me. it just contains data about that guy Bishop

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Okay, I understand. How far in is that quest? Personally, I only got about a half-hour in Neverwinter (the city, not the game) before setting the game aside. Does that put me anywhere near it?

ge2x

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
hmm if we're talking about neverwinter nights 2 then i think your quite far away. u still have to some well (dont remeber the name :D ), kill an orc warchief then go do some stuff for captain brelainaand then some stuff in blacklake district and then u go to Ember... i also have an old save just before going to kill the orc warchief but thats too far away for me :(

bratte

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
did you ever get out of Ember?
I'm stuck too
if you got out, how?
keep in mind..I'm very new to the game

wildetonator

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
I think that will be the main problem, since when i used V1.00, i was facing with a major bug, my char can't go to the 3rd chapter. When i replay using V1.2, i don't have any crack to open it, then i get the v1.3, and i'm still playing now, with no bugs at all. Find the patch to v1.3. If you can't use auto update, try to find the off line updater. I have found it 2 months ago, but i've forget who create it, or where the site. But it's working. Don't try to play with V1.0, If you don't want to get stuck again.