Assassin's Creed II for PC Locked Down by DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

4745454b

Titan
Why did they build this instead of just using Steam? Sounds almost the same as steam. Not sure if I can play my single players games without a steam connection though. I haven't tried loading a game then pulling my NIC cable.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
It's simply drm, and will be cracked. DRM for single player games are simply stupid. Simply another game hurting legit users, while making pirates laugh.

DRM's don't keep honest people honest. They have a tendency to turn honest people into pirates cause they don't want to have to deal with the crap. Seriously most pirates couldn't crack anything, but we can hit download, extract, install, profit.

Nightskeeter

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah, Mise well just get the game for the PS3. Right now it's on sale at Newegg for $13! and FREE shipping.

There's literally no point in this game going to PC if it's just DX9.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]4745454b[/nom]Why did they build this instead of just using Steam? Sounds almost the same as steam. Not sure if I can play my single players games without a steam connection though. I haven't tried loading a game then pulling my NIC cable.[/citation]
Steam isn't anywhere near this bad, and I don't buy steam games as a matter of principal either.

cib24

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I think it's a great idea. There is far too much piracy in games on the PC and despite the fact that it alienates 1-5% of PC gamers, I believe this should be a step that more and more publishers adopt when releasing games on the PC. This type of system could give more incentive for developers to create or port good games to the PC again and reverse the dying trend.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I might be upset if I was interested in playing this game - however all my hardware would go to waste on this nonsense.

Am I just old? I haven't found a really good games lately...I find myself much more interested in pounding away code on the keyboard....

[citation][nom]4745454b[/nom]Why did they build this instead of just using Steam? Sounds almost the same as steam. Not sure if I can play my single players games without a steam connection though. I haven't tried loading a game then pulling my NIC cable.[/citation]
Single player works fine with or Internet connection on Steam.

At any rate, 01100110011101010110001101101011 (

G

People don't buy games that are a restrictive.
DRM makes games restrictive.
Therefore, people don't buy games with DRM.

[citation][nom]stravis[/nom]I might be upset if I was interested in playing this game - however all my hardware would go to waste on this nonsense.Am I just old? I haven't found a really good games lately...I find myself much more interested in pounding away code on the keyboard....[/citation]
Agreed, all the new PC games now are just cr@p. And most of the games over all, are just cr@p. There haven't been any good (esp. multi player) fps games like HL2, Quake, etc for a long while now.

dupaman

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
[citation][nom]Nightskeeter[/nom]There's literally no point in this game going to PC if it's just DX9.[/citation]
How bout to run at a res higher than 720p?

More on topic, this is a brutal DRM system. What if you want to play some single-player games (s/a this one) on a laptop while traveling without internet access?

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
and you're allowed to install the game as many times on as many PCs as you want (but you can only sign in at one machine at a time).

SUCK THAT CONSOLES!!! oh wait
/sarcasm

this restrictiveness is starting to get obnoxious though. PC gaming would probably be better of right now if it wasn't for all of the pirates who sit in a corner and blame random garbage to justify stealing. and look at who is suffering for their unwillingness pay for stuff.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]obiown77[/nom]What a dumb move, they just caused an increase of piracy of this game by 22.45%, before it was even released![/citation]

lol... can you show the math that resulted in the 0.45%? :)

(FYI love the post)

not going to be buying this game (even though i have good internet)

i have real issues with DRM this bad (some friends back home in the country will not be able to play this because of Dial UP)

inglburt

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Freekin UBI... I guess it's still early to judge, but I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about the future of PC gaming. Like someone said tho, at least they could give back to the PC gamers the cutting edge and revolutionary graphics to help justify these tactics instead of 3 year old console tech. I'm surprised AMD, Intel, and Nvidia can't help somehow with this, it seems to me that this hurts their business too. They have clout, couldn't they offer some incentives or something?

Hell, I'm still running a basically 3 1/2 year old computer that stomps every game I've tried. Except good ol Crysis of course. And still with a single video card. Why upgrade when no games challenge it anymore? I feel I could get another 2 years out of it at least. At least thill the next generation of consoles come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.